Germainia airlines

Haven´t flown with them but friends of ours flew with them from the UK to Greece this Summer (think the plane was on lease to their tour company rather than a scheduled service).

German low cost airline that they said offers above low cost service - e.g. they got an in-flight hot meal and had a 20kg luggage allowance.

They were very pleased with the service they received.

We saw several departure board listings for Germania flights - all to to Germany - at Palma de Mallorca last week.

Incidentally our Air Berlin flights were excellent - snack and complimentary drinks on a 70 minute flight and a 23kg luggage allowance.

Edited by campolady

Noticed this the other day as we were thinking of booking extra leg room depending on what aircraft Thomson were using. No nothing about Germania and as we are also flying from Aberdeen doing the Adriatic would be keen to hear more as some years ago we were booked to fly from Aberdeen with Thomson. For some reason that we still don't know our flights were changed with weeks to go and we had to fly from Edinburgh. Hope this airline is up to the mark!!!!!

Paco

Thomson dont tell you about change of airline

We were booked to fly from Edinburgh with Thomson earlier this year.Only found out after going through the boarding gate and on approach to plane we weren`t,we were flying with another airline(name escapes me)

Hi Jim Wasn't the change of airline that bothered me it was the fact that they changed departing from Aberdeen to Edinburgh. They phoned my son who was flying out with us on the same aircraft with his partner and they changed his flight from Aberdeen to Manchester!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Jim Wasn't the change of airline that bothered me it was the fact that they changed departing from Aberdeen to Edinburgh. They phoned my son who was flying out with us on the same aircraft with his partner and they changed his flight from Aberdeen to Manchester!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek:

As per gill,hope you received appropriate compo

Was quite a few years ago and can't remember what the compo outcome was. Should have said when they changed the departure airport they first of all gave me Newcastle and after creating with them the best they could give me was Edinburgh and after even more hassle my son got changed from Manchester to Edinburgh. Never mind, now that Aberdeen is "Aberdeen International" we don't expect to have the same troubles.