Water toys at Public Beach?

jlpalmer

Our family of 4 plans on heading to the beach in GC and it seems like Public beach will be best for dd 10 and ds 12. Most reviews say Calico Jacks has good food and there are lots of water toys good for the kids.

What water toys are there? I can't seem to find what exactly is available except for a playground. I even tried googling pictures. The kids really want to know as do I. Perhaps there is a better beach area we should consider. (my husband and I are really looking to just relax and the kids want to play)

Also how much are chair and umbrella rentals for us adults? :)

Edited by jlpalmer

I don't recall any water toys....there are watersport rentals, like waverunners, parasailing, etc.....not a playground, that I remember!

I would think the beach would be playground enough! It sure was when I was a kid!

I think the chairs/umbrella (for 2) was about $20-25....

Edited by cb at sea

I don't recall any water toys....there are watersport rentals, like waverunners, parasailing, etc.....not a playground, that I remember!

I would think the beach would be playground enough! It sure was when I was a kid!

I think the chairs/umbrella (for 2) was about $20-25....

I read the following on another thread.

Public Beach has a playground and water toys, shelter, restrooms and showers. Calico Jack's Beach bar is right next door and just beyond CJ's the water has some rocky areas for snorkeling.

So I hope they were correct. Just wondering what the toys mentioned might be. I do know the water toys/activities are likely going to come with a cost so I am trying to see what there is available so we can get the kids to make choices and budget accordingly.

I am definetly excited about the beach and just relaxing in the sun. It will be far better than the chilly -30C (sometimes colder) we will have likely have here in Saskatchewan at that time of the year :) (that probably doesn't include the windchill either :eek:)

Public Beach has a playgound along with water toys. The toys are large air filled icebergs and large logs and something like a trampoline that kids can bounce on.

You can see the air filled toys in the background.

Edited by runner15km

Public Beach has a playgound along with water toys. The toys are large air filled icebergs and large logs and something like a trampoline that kids can bounce on.

You can see the air filled toys in the background.

It looked like the ice-berg was on the sand?

I agree the toys don't look like they are in the water but on the sand. Are they normally land toys or was it too windy for them to be on the water that day?

The kids would love that. Do you know how much it costs?

Sorry - I don't recall how much it was. You can google WOWballs Cayman. They used to be set up right next to Calico Jack's, but may be different now. We did it 2 years ago I believe.

I tried it as well it is hard!

My family (including 3 teens) went to the public beach by Calico Jacks. There were no inflatables in the water. You can do that at Labadee or Cozumel. The beach and water were beautiful and they had fun snorkeling. I brought a couple of mats and we also floated on them. Last summer, we got off the tender and turned right. We walked along the shore and came upon the Paradise Cafe. There is good snorkeling and a water trampoline. My kids took some great pictures with their underwater camera. There is no shallow water here (none that I found), and there is a mild current (it just about killed me). My teens were fine, but your kids are younger, so I would be careful. I started to worry about my teens swimming back from the trampoline and they thought I was crazy. It was too much for me and I couldn't make it to the trampoline!

My family (including 3 teens) went to the public beach by Calico Jacks. There were no inflatables in the water. You can do that at Labadee or Cozumel. The beach and water were beautiful and they had fun snorkeling. I brought a couple of mats and we also floated on them. Last summer, we got off the tender and turned right. We walked along the shore and came upon the Paradise Cafe. There is good snorkeling and a water trampoline. My kids took some great pictures with their underwater camera. There is no shallow water here (none that I found), and there is a mild current (it just about killed me). My teens were fine, but your kids are younger, so I would be careful. I started to worry about my teens swimming back from the trampoline and they thought I was crazy. It was too much for me and I couldn't make it to the trampoline!

Good to know (about the current I mean). We will be sure to stay in the water with them. Glad to hear you made it to shore ok. Sounds like Public/Sea Grape will work but may be no toys. They will be getting toys and waterslides in Cozumel and a resort with water slides in Jamaica. That will be enough for them I'm sure. They are honestly more excited for the candy store at the port lol. I hope its still there :)

thanks for the info

Edited by jlpalmer