I Guess I Missed The Boat!!!!

JimAOk1945

It's been a while since we cruised on Carnival. After reading a couple of glowing reviews of cruises in Europe, I decided it was time to return.

Imagine my surprise when I visited the Carnival website today and could not find any cruises listed for Europe. :eek:

Did I miss my opportunity? Has Carnival discontinued their European cruises?

Yes, you missed the boat. Several years ago, Carnival pulled their ships out of Europe because high airfare and shortage of seats caused them not to be able to fill the ships. Not marketing widely in Europe means they depend on passengers from the US to fill the ships. The last few years, the only ships in Europe were newbuilds being launched from Fincantieri in Italy, doing a European season before coming home to the US. This year, they tried again with Lagend, in addition to Sunshine after her reincarnation from Destiny. They even pulled Legend home early. No more Europe until Vista is launched in a couple of years. EM

You have and yet have not missed the boat.

The boat you missed... Carnival announced a few months ago when they released more schedules that there would be no 2014 Europe cruises and possibly 2015 (though they haven't ruled it out completely).

The boat you haven't missed yet... I'd be fairly certain their new ship, Carnival Vista, would do a season in Europe before sailing the Caribbean in 2016.

It's been a while since we cruised on Carnival. After reading a couple of glowing reviews of cruises in Europe, I decided it was time to return.

Imagine my surprise when I visited the Carnival website today and could not find any cruises listed for Europe. :eek:

Did I miss my opportunity? Has Carnival discontinued their European cruises?

haha you had me going. I thought that you actually missed your cruise. I'm not sure about the carnival in europe though. Sorry

JH is really trying to push for Europe cruises but I don't think he is getting very far! Let's face it, airfare is just too ridiculous.

You're so right about the airfare prices! That's the thing that's holding us back. I guess I'll just keep my bucket list going and dream a little longer. :D

on carnivals website, the Legend is joining their other ship the spirit in Australia. wanted to cruise on her, but we're doing splendor instead this year now i'll miss it. as much as i'd like to go to Australia, tooooo dang long a flight lol

Edited by jks336