A simple request for the new Windjammer

BillOh

I was at a buffet style cafeteria for lunch today. A simple cheap thing RC could do for its ships is each food bin has a specific holder place for tongs or spatula with each food item. On a billion dollar ship, this might add $100 to the final cost? Of course people would have to use them, but it wasn't a problem here. As much as most cruise companies do to fight ship borne illinesses, they miss some simple things. I've seen passengers and crew members use the tongs to get food and then drop the tongs down on top of the remaining food.

I Agree!

A better site to post your suggestion: The President/CEO's blog page...scroll to right and you will see where to post your question/comment.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/connect/blog/

I'll do that. I might also challenge him to pick one single piece of cheese out of the American cheese stack using the tongs provided. ;) I have developed my own clean way of doing it, but it has turned heads on occasion. I find it impossible to get one piece with the oversized tongs and I have been known to mutilate multiple pieces.

What I do, is get a clean fork or spoon, put it under the top piece and put my finger on the top piece (the one I am going to take)

I am not happy with the whole idea of self serving on any buffet line. You are exposed to the germs of every person that has handled that serving utensil. Having been on a ship with Norovirus, I now use a paper napkin to pick up the utensils, and then discard it when I am done. Perhaps the whole system should be reviewed.

I am not happy with the whole idea of self serving on any buffet line. You are exposed to the germs of every person that has handled that serving utensil. Having been on a ship with Norovirus, I now use a paper napkin to pick up the utensils, and then discard it when I am done. Perhaps the whole system should be reviewed.

I've been on several sailings where norovirus was an issue and I surprisingly like it. I've never been on the outbreak sailing, but always high alert ones afterwards. It forces everyone to be more careful about hygiene (more like use common sense). I've also found it very nice having people serve you in the Windjammer. It's often people from the entertainment areas so it gives a chance to meet and interact with people you normally don't get to. It adds an extra element of fun interaction and keeps everything clean.

The only issue is that it always seems like a win win situation until it's over and you realize just how many different items the Windjammer really serves. If only they could have people serving and keep the full selection of items everyone would win.