Deliveries to ship using logistics department?

LegalCat

Has anyone used NCL's logistics department to have deliveries made to the ship of items they don't want you to carry on because they may be too bulky?

I'm having a hard time getting a response on whether or not there is a fee. I know the items have to be sent by UPS or FedEx with tracking numbers and must be delivered the Friday BEFORE the ship sails. But, I haven't been able to get a response from the group coordinator for the Sky or from calling NCL on whether or not there is a fee for this service.

I know I have a few months before my January 31 cruise, but I will be bringing quite a few boxes on board and if its free, no worries, but if its you know, $50 a box, its going to be a problem, so, I'd like to know....

I have been asking the group coordinator for 3 or 4 months and she has not been able to give me an answer... today I called the group admin department and was told that I needed to email my request to the group coordinator who would let me know... I sent another e-mail this morning but while I'm waiting for a response, I figure I'd ask here just in case, thanks! :)

What I have found out is that you have to ship the boxes to the logistics warehouse to arrive the Friday BEFORE the cruise. And, they must be shipped via UPS or FedEx with a tracking number on every box.

Also, they have said that the boxes will be on the ship before passengers get on, and they can be delivered to your cabin or wherever you are doing a check in etc... OR, they can deliver packages directly to each passengers cabin if you prefer...

Even though I've been working on this event since January, I still haven't been able to confirm if they charge a fee or not... they probably charge a fee if you have them deliver the items to each individual cabin... but I'm hoping there is no fee for them to just receive the boxes and deliver them to a designated place.... right now I have about 20 boxes... the Fedex costs alone are going to suck...