What's new and must do on Liberty?

JenniLynn

My DH and I are heading out on the Liberty in 3 weeks!!! We last sailed on Liberty 5 years ago, and this will be our first time sailing on an upgraded 2.0 ship.

So, what's new and must do on-board the Liberty? What are the best/must try aspects of the 2.0 upgrades regardless of ship? And what can you all tell me about "Big Sexy?" as a CD?

Thanks in advance! Oh, and when is it considered "OK" to start packing? LOL!~

My DH and I are heading out on the Liberty in 3 weeks!!! We last sailed on Liberty 5 years ago, and this will be our first time sailing on an upgraded 2.0 ship.

So, what's new and must do on-board the Liberty? What are the best/must try aspects of the 2.0 upgrades regardless of ship? And what can you all tell me about "Big Sexy?" as a CD?

Part of the 2.0 upgrades include Guy's Burgers and the Blue Iguana Cantina. I don't know if they qualify as a "must do". We happen to like the hamburgers, although I've seen others post that they weren't all that impressed. It's really a matter of personal preference. Give it a try at least once, and don't be afraid to ask for a double order of the fries. They're pretty good too. The burritos at the Blue iguana Cantina are pretty good too. They even have breakfast burritos. If you want one, try to get there early, before the line gets too long. The Mongolian Wok (in the buffet area) is very popular, and the lines can get kind of long, so if you're planning to give it a try, be patient. The Alchemy Bar is a very popular hangout for lots of people, and the staff there is very amiable. If you want to avoid the noise and the crowd at the main pool, the "Adults only" pool at the rear of the Lido deck is a good alternative. There's a bar there, as well as the pizzeria, a deli, and a soft-serve ice cream machine. A word of warning: the wooden deck around the pool gets really HOT, so you'll need to wear flip-flops or sandals to prevent burning your feet.

When is it okay to start packing? Ummm, maybe yesterday?:rolleyes: Hope you have a great cruise!:)

We'll be on board with you! This will be our first time aboard the Liberty. It will also be our first time getting to try any of the 2.0 upgrades and we are looking forward to it! Not sure how good Guy's burgers are gonna be, but they sure look good!

There is a really active roll call going for this sailing and also a Facebook group listed under Carnival Liberty 12/7/2013. Come on over and join us!!:D

I will have a detailed review with pictures and video in a couple weeks. We board Saturday.

I will look forward to this review :). We sail for New Years! Are you doing west or east??

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks guys! I'll be sure to try all of your suggestions. I know my DH is looking especially forward to checking out the new EASports bar and Guys Burgers. I am more interested in the cantina's Mexican food offerings!! Does anyone know if there is still the fish n chips place on the upper deck of the restaurant? (I'm hoping they replaced it with something better!!)I would also be curious to know what shows/entertainers we may look forward to seeing or skipping... :-)

Thanks again!!

JenniLynn you are going to have a great time !!! Make sure you have a breakfast burrito . . . They are awesome. The Liberty is a great ship. Plus it still has the old style of production shows . . . Not the new 2.0 ones. If you like to dance the new deck parties are awesome !!!

They still have the fish and chips above the buffet area. About the only thing I like from there are the french fries. I like them better than the Guys fries. Love the Cantina. My husband really liked the breakfast there. He like the Huevos Rancheros the best.

I like the lunch burritos and tacos. The only complaint was that there are no chips on the ship and they need some with the salsa toppings bar.

Claudia

The only complaint was that there are no chips on the ship and they need some with the salsa toppings bar.

Claudia

What?!?!! NO CHIPS?!?!! That's crazy! How insane would it look if I brought on a bag of my own?? Ha ha!

Thanks guys! I'll be sure to try all of your suggestions. I know my DH is looking especially forward to checking out the new EASports bar and Guys Burgers. I am more interested in the cantina's Mexican food offerings!! Does anyone know if there is still the fish n chips place on the upper deck of the restaurant? (I'm hoping they replaced it with something better!!)I would also be curious to know what shows/entertainers we may look forward to seeing or skipping... :-)

Thanks again!!

The EASports Bar was a bit of a let down. Lots of cycling and soccer. The bar tenders where only ok. I wasn't overly impressed with the burritos at Blue Iguana. I would recommend the tacos. I had the fish and chips on day one, and really liked it. Entertainment wise, we watched the Hypnotist ( only as good as the participants) they had a tribute to Sinatra and Sammy Davis Jr that was enjoyable and then the had a musical salute to rock music through the years (1950s-1980s) the production value I thought was really good on that one. We went to one adults only comedy show. I can't remember the comedians name, but he was very funny.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I will have a detailed review with pictures and video in a couple weeks. We board Saturday.

Oooooo! Goody!!!!

I have sailed the Liberty 2x and will be sailing her again in February for the first time since 2.0.

I have sailed on the Breeze so the only 2.0 experience that the Liberty has which the Breeze did not is the Alchemy Bar and I am very much looking forward to this!!

As far as the Cantina....I really enjoyed the breakfast burritos on the Breeze so along with previous posters I would suggest giving them a try on the Liberty.....I know I will :D

They still have the fish and chips above the buffet area. About the only thing I like from there are the french fries. I like them better than the Guys fries. Love the Cantina. My husband really liked the breakfast there. He like the Huevos Rancheros the best.

I like the lunch burritos and tacos. The only complaint was that there are no chips on the ship and they need some with the salsa toppings bar.

Claudia

Can someone pls explain what huevos rancheros is and whats in a breakfast burrito??? I love Mexican but I'm lost on the whole Mexican breakfast idea.

Can someone pls explain what huevos rancheros is and whats in a breakfast burrito??? I love Mexican but I'm lost on the whole Mexican breakfast idea.

Huevos rancheros - Fried eggs, salsa, some other Mexican fare.

Breakfast burrito - A tortilla filled with any/all of the following: eggs, bacon, cheese, sausage/chorizo, potatoes, salsa, hot sauce.