Offered free meal at Cagneys - is this common?

cssc123

We booked our next cruise about a month ago and we just booked directly through NCL's 1800 number. When I was on the phone with the gentleman he asked if we were celebrating anything for this trip. When I told him we would be on board for our wedding anniversary; he came back and said he could get us a free dinner for 2 at Cagney's and a free bottle of wine to help celebrate.

The catch was we can make a reservation until we're on board and that we'd get more info once on board.

Is this common?

The only thing I noticed that ties to this is there is a promo code on our reservation/confirmation paperwork that is DINE. We didn't book any restaurants or anything like that. (It also has the promo codes for stuff that was going on at the time). Anyone utilize this before? Do we just make a reservation for the night of our anniversary when we get on board and its all set and the bottle of wine will be tagged to our on board account? Curious how all this works.

Perhaps our next cruises should always be on a birthday/anniversary!

We booked our next cruise about a month ago and we just booked directly through NCL's 1800 number. When I was on the phone with the gentleman he asked if we were celebrating anything for this trip. When I told him we would be on board for our wedding anniversary; he came back and said he could get us a free dinner for 2 at Cagney's and a free bottle of wine to help celebrate.

The catch was we can make a reservation until we're on board and that we'd get more info once on board.

Is this common?

The only thing I noticed that ties to this is there is a promo code on our reservation/confirmation paperwork that is DINE. We didn't book any restaurants or anything like that. (It also has the promo codes for stuff that was going on at the time). Anyone utilize this before? Do we just make a reservation for the night of our anniversary when we get on board and its all set and the bottle of wine will be tagged to our on board account? Curious how all this works.

Perhaps our next cruises should always be on a birthday/anniversary!

I don't do this nearly enough - yes it is common - it is probably noted in your amenities report and you'll probably get a little card on the 1st or 2nd day of your cruise.

Never ever have we been offered this. We have only been offered a small cake. Does this depend on your PCC?

Celebrated our 25th on board and were only offered a small cake in the MDR. Was our first time with NCL. Enjoy the goodies and your celebration!

Very common along with strawberries, bottle of wine, etc.

I have already informed my children, NOT to even ask to go to splash academy until after dinner the first night. It's their B-day and I am looking forward to the waiters singing to them, seriously doubt though that they will get a bottle of wine and I should hope not, they will only be 8 :D