Allure or Oasis?

BearJim

Did a B2B for our honeymoon on the Allure and we did get off in all the ports even though it wasn't our first time. We wanted to feel like we covered everything. Even after two weeks there was still so much to see and do. This upcoming spring we are doing the Oasis and not stepping off the ship once! For us the ship is our port of call : )

I was on the same Allure cruise as Trev this past May. I wanted to do the Oasis next May but I got overruled because my parents are going with us this time and they want to see Chicago (hint - don't go to the late showing of that one right after dinner or you'll need toothpicks to prop open your eyelids. My wife kept fussing at me for snoring).

As far as cabins go, we were in a Boardwalk Balcony 4 cabins away from the back of the ship on the 12th deck and loved it. So much so that our next Allure cruise we booked the same room just one deck down on the 11th. My parents booked an ocean balcony because that's all my mother will stay in, however, I really like the Boardwalk balcony because you can see what's going on below you and still get a great view of the ocean off the back of the ship so long as you book one at the back. Plus you get a great view of the aquatheater show at night instead of just pitch black nothing from an ocean balcony at night.

Thanks beigedog. How much did you notice the boat rocking at the back of the boat. The wifey is prone to sea sickness but I like a great view for sure.

I could not decide either. So we did both back to back. Oasis first, spent one night in hotel, then right back on the Allure. Since then, we have done a 2nd sailing on the Allure and are looking for to April on the Oasis again.

DW will miss Rita's

I am sure you will enjoy either ship.

I like the way you think 007.;)

Thanks beigedog. How much did you notice the boat rocking at the back of the boat. The wifey is prone to sea sickness but I like a great view for sure.

We were in cabin 12723 and I would say for the vast majority of the time we didn't feel any rocking at all but there were a few times we felt some and could see our curtains moving but no more so than in other areas on the ship. I can't compare this to other ships because the Allure is the only one we've been on. Actually, funny enough, the times we felt it the most were on a formal night in the MDR and then during Chicago and then on our last sea day walking around the promenade, which are all on lower decks.

In the cabin it didn't really bother me at all. Except, as a guy, it made it a tiny bit interesting going to the bathroom. Haha :confused:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

We were in cabin 12723 and I would say for the vast majority of the time we didn't feel any rocking at all but there were a few times we felt some and could see our curtains moving but no more so than in other areas on the ship. I can't compare this to other ships because the Allure is the only one we've been on. Actually, funny enough, the times we felt it the most were on a formal night in the MDR and then during Chicago and then on our last sea day walking around the promenade, which are all on lower decks.

In the cabin it didn't really bother me at all. Except, as a guy, it made it a tiny bit interesting going to the bathroom. Haha :confused:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

LOL! :D

Hey man, do you know if they have those wonderful thermal chairs in the spa?