Allure or Oasis?

BearJim

Which itinerary are you planning on cruising? And are you looking for any specific shows to watch?

About the only difference is Allure has Chicago and Oasis has Hair Spray.

Reason I ask about the itinerary is this; Oasis sails to the Eastern Caribbean unaffected. Allure, on the other hand, has shorter stays on some of the Ports of Call on the Eastern Caribbean due to a propulsion issue with an Azipod. However, the Western Caribbean is not affected.

Have been on both and the ships themselves are the same - just some different shows and a few venues......agree, itinerary can make a difference, sailing day etc....Love them both! We did enjoy Rita's Cantina Fiesta on Allure (Oasis has Seafood Shack - looks good, but haven't been there) and the Boardwalk Dogs is good too! However, don't think that is the end all, be all - decide on when and where you want to go! You will love it no matter which one you go on! :D

We were on the Allure this past May and we're going back next May and we loved every minute of it! Never been on the Oasis but I can't see how it would really be much different and it would be hard to outdo our Allure cruise. As far as the shortened port call times on the Eastern itinerary, Allure will be out of service for the week of February 23rd for azipod repairs due to worn bearings but, afterwards, the Eastern itinerary should be back to normal. The Oasis will also be out of the country for a few weeks next year for dry dock maintenance and some limited European cruising. There have also been reports that the Oasis is nursing some worn bearings as well but apparently not yet to the extent of changing port times. I would imagine those will get worked on in dry dock since azipod maintenance is due every 5 years anyway.

Rest assured that neither one of these ships will end up like the Carnival that was adrift at sea with no power. Both the Allure and the Oasis have redundant back up systems, unlike that Carnival ship.

Allure is 6 inches longer than Oasis (talk about obsession with size. They only mentioned this tidbit of information on our Allure cruise like 20 times! :rolleyes:)

Allure is 6 inches longer than Oasis (talk about obsession with size. They only mentioned this tidbit of information on our Allure cruise like 20 times! :rolleyes:)

You must not have listened all 20 times then, Allure is 2 inches longer than Oasis. ;)

OP, I loved the Allure, but, I agree they are basically the same. I'd go with whichever is less expensive during the time you want to go.

She probably heard 6cm (which is just slightly longer than 2in) because that's the figure from the shipbuilder. The difference was unintentional as both were built to the same prints but it's because of tiny variances in the steel and welding material. Over that great length, 2 in. is actually a very close tolerance.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

He probably heard 6cm (which is just slightly longer than 2in) because that's the figure from the shipbuilder.

centimeters, inches. I stand corrected. :o That should tell you how much attention I was paying. All I remember is the number 6. Maybe my wife is right. I should start paying more attention to little details!

When does she turn 50 next year I assume? I would definitely choose the Allure because the way I am....the Oasis goes into dry dock for routine maintence (carpeting, bedding and such) in September next year and I avoid any ship that will be going into dry dock within 7 months of my sailing. The Allure's dry dock is 2015 so to me she is newer and better. That is how I would choose.

Thanks everyone. She turns 50 next July so we are looking at the Oasis on July 5th going to the Western Caribbean or the Allure on July 6th to the Eastern Caribbean. We have been to all those ports & really enjoyed them all, which makes it tougher to pick. It will probably come down to which costs less after we figure which excursions we would go on.

Do they do more shows than Chicago or Hair Spray? Do they each have a comedy club? We are also having a hard time deciding which kind of balcony we want, Central Park, Board Walk or Ocean. I do now once we book it July can't get here soon enough!

Yes they each have 5 main shows and many others

Oasis: Main Theatre: Hairspray and Come Fly with Me(Acrobatic, Production), and a Headliner Show

Studio B (ice): Frozen in Time

Comedy Live: 3 comedians

AquaTheatre: Oasis of Dream, Splish Splash

Parades: Move it, Move it!, and Rockin" Rhythm Nation

Allure: Main Theatre: Chicago, Blue Planet, Headliner

Studio B: Ice Game, How to Train your Dragon - On Ice

AquaTheatre: Oceanaria, Let Me Entertain You

Parade: Move it, Move it x2

Plus both ships have many other shows such as dance parties, street parties in the promenade, Quest, Love and Marriage, Throw me a Line, and more!

We've been on both Allure and Oasis. Other posters are correct - they are very similar ships. However, we believe the ships have a different 'vibe'. Whether this is due to the crew or something else....not certain. That being said, we preferred Oasis. Would certainly do Allure again, but love Oasis.

Enjoy whichever you choose. They are both incredible.

centimeters, inches. I stand corrected. :o That should tell you how much attention I was paying. All I remember is the number 6. Maybe my wife is right. I should start paying more attention to little details!

Either way it wasn't enough difference to call you out for. And sorry for calling you a she. Haha! :sly:

Yes they each have 5 main shows and many others

Oasis: Main Theatre: Hairspray and Come Fly with Me(Acrobatic, Production), and a Headliner Show

Studio B (ice): Frozen in Time

AquaTheatre: Oasis of Dream, Splish Splash

Parades: Move it, Move it!, and Rockin" Rhythm Nation

Allure: Main Theatre: Chicago, Blue Planet, Headliner

Studio B: Ice Game, How to Train your Dragon - On Ice

AquaTheatre: Oceanaria, Let Me Entertain You

Parade: Move it, Move it x2

Plus both ships have many other shows such as dance parties, street parties in the promenade, Quest, Love and Marriage, Throw me a Line, and more!

Thanks NicNac! I was leaning towards the Oasis but we would really like to see the How to Train Your Dragon ice show. Have you seen Frozen in Time & how was it?

Edited by BearJim

Thanks NicNac! I was leaning towards the Oasis but we would really like to see the How to Train Your Dragon ice show. Have you seen Frozen in Time & how was it.

I like Ice Games better than Frozen in Time a lot. Frozen in Time seemed really "Artsy" and with lots of slow parts, while Ice Games was constantly exciting and interesting. I prefer Hairspray to Chicago, but that really is a personal choice. The aqua show are pretty similar, neither one stood out as "much better". I also think Come Fly with Me is a far superior show to Blue Planet because of the music used it seemed more 'upbeat", but that's just my opinion. Both ships have fantastic entertainment, and you really can't go wrong with either. There are places where Oasis slightly leads and where Allure slightly leads, but honestly just choose by Price and Itinerary!! Hope you have a great cruise!

Thanks again NicNac. I was also wondering if you or anyone else had a favorite hotel in the area that offers a cruise package that gets you to & from the port? We found a place called Roadway Inn & Suites which looks pretty good but looks can be deceiving. We will probably arrive in Fort Lauderdale on the 3rd & stay at a hotel until the 5th or 6th, depending which cruise we choose.

Thanks Trev!

I was on the same Allure cruise as Trev this past May. I wanted to do the Oasis next May but I got overruled because my parents are going with us this time and they want to see Chicago (hint - don't go to the late showing of that one right after dinner or you'll need toothpicks to prop open your eyelids. My wife kept fussing at me for snoring).

As far as cabins go, we were in a Boardwalk Balcony 4 cabins away from the back of the ship on the 12th deck and loved it. So much so that our next Allure cruise we booked the same room just one deck down on the 11th. My parents booked an ocean balcony because that's all my mother will stay in, however, I really like the Boardwalk balcony because you can see what's going on below you and still get a great view of the ocean off the back of the ship so long as you book one at the back. Plus you get a great view of the aquatheater show at night instead of just pitch black nothing from an ocean balcony at night.

I could not decide either. So we did both back to back. Oasis first, spent one night in hotel, then right back on the Allure. Since then, we have done a 2nd sailing on the Allure and are looking for to April on the Oasis again.

DW will miss Rita's

I am sure you will enjoy either ship.

Edited by oo7 Bond!