Table for 2?

GLCAS

Are there tables for 2 available on the newer HAL ships? This would be for anytime dining and not the fixed times for dinner. We are looking at our first HAL cruise for our 30th wedding anniversary. We usually go with Princess, but thought we might like something different. We did enjoy this possibility with Princess and wondered if HAL has the same option.

Not sure if this link will work.... I save it when someone else on here posted it. But if so, you can check the table plan for the ships. We always get a 2-top.

(No it didn't - sorry! Hopefully someone else might have more luck posting it.)

Edited by startwin

Hello RJ 2002, I see that you have travelled with both Princess and Holland. How would you compare the two? We enjoyed Princess more than Carnival and would like to try Celebrity and Holland. Right now we are looking at a 14 day at Xmas. What should we expect?

Hello RJ 2002, I see that you have travelled with both Princess and Holland. How would you compare the two? We enjoyed Princess more than Carnival and would like to try Celebrity and Holland. Right now we are looking at a 14 day at Xmas. What should we expect?

Hi GLCAS.

In my opinion, both Princess and HAL are very good choices. We were loyal Princess fans, but ventured over to HAL for a great itinerary, a Sea of Cortez cruise. HAL really won us over. I guess I would say that HAL is a bit more refined and relaxed than Princess. The food on both lines is good, but I will have to say that Princess does a better job on Italian dishes, particularly pizza. :D I think HAL itineraries are more interesting, and the ships are smaller (passenger wise) which is a plus for us. Princess would probably win on the entertainment front, but we are not big on onboard entertainment so it is not a major consideration for us. We will sail on Princess again because we have a future cruise credit we need to use, but I really do like HAL. I don't think you will be disappointed with HAL.

These are just my thoughts. Perhaps others who have sailed both Princess and HAL will chime in.

Thanks for the input. We are Platinum with Princess, so that does give us a few perks. (free WiFi) But we really need some R & R and HAL has some great islands to visit, so we are thinking we might like the change, but don't want to be disappointed either....decisions, decisions:)