staying in an aft cabin/Epic

sashabucket

We booked Epic for next OCT. I love aft facing so I did a lot of research.

Move up tp deck 9. Deck 8 hears noise from the steakhouse below. Upper decks hear noise from the bar above. Also try to get a cabin with the curve for the bed near the balcony so you don't have to walk around the bed every time you need the closet, bathroom or front door.

Just got off the Epic. Will never sail her again. We were on deck 8. Had a handicap cabin which was very nice but the food was horrible - cold and undercooked. Some of staff not friendly. Waves were not too bad but did a lot of rocking and rolling right after we left St. Thomas.

We booked Epic for next OCT. I love aft facing so I did a lot of research.

Move up tp deck 9. Deck 8 hears noise from the steakhouse below. Upper decks hear noise from the bar above. Also try to get a cabin with the curve for the bed near the balcony so you don't have to walk around the bed every time you need the closet, bathroom or front door.

Are the size of the balconies the same on all decks on the Epic? That is my main concern. Noise des not bother me.....I can sleep with any type of noise. :)

They differ in size on the Breakaway.

Don

We were in an aft balcony on deck 11, a little over a year ago on the Epic. We loved it so much, we are booked again in an aft balcony this January. On our previous cruise we had a corner aft, which has a larger balcony than the ones in the middle, but we did not have the bed closest to the balcony. This time we wanted a corner aft cabin again but the bed closest to the balcony. The only aft corner left at the time I booked, which had the bed closest to the balcony was on deck 8. so I did go ahead and book that.

We did not feel like the noise nor the vibration of the cabin when pulling into port, was any worse than other regular balcony cabins we have had on other cruises. There seems to always be vibration when we are pulling into port and docking that always wakes me. . just my morning wake up call, no problem with me.

Since I had no choice on which deck I chose this time, I am hoping the noise on deck 8 will not be a problem. I love an aft balcony so much, I am willing to take the chance.

Sorry to hear the previous poster felt the food was not good. We were very pleased with the food when we were previously on the Epic, while in the Mediterranean. We did chose to eat at several of the restaurants with an upcharge for dinner, but we had room service every breakfast, and most days were no onboard for lunch.

We are so looking forward to our corner aft balcony on the Epic again.

Just got off the Epic. Will never sail her again. We were on deck 8. Had a handicap cabin which was very nice but the food was horrible - cold and undercooked. Some of staff not friendly. Waves were not too bad but did a lot of rocking and rolling right after we left St. Thomas.

Hi norieann, we have a handicap room on Deck 8 also(8189). What was your cabin number, did you eat only in the main dining room?

Our cabin number was 8186. It was a very nice size. The toilet and shower are together in the corner as you walk in. Nice size. Handrails. There is also seat if you need to sit down while taking a shower. Our cabin size was very nice. If you have a wheelchair, you will not have any problems getting into the cabin. The door is much larger than the normal doors on the other cabins. You can make the door stay open by pushing a button at the top. There is a ramp to get you into the cabin from the balcony. The balcony was a little larger than the one our friends had in the mini suite.

We were in an aft balcony on deck 11, a little over a year ago on the Epic. We loved it so much, we are booked again in an aft balcony this January. On our previous cruise we had a corner aft, which has a larger balcony than the ones in the middle, but we did not have the bed closest to the balcony. This time we wanted a corner aft cabin again but the bed closest to the balcony. The only aft corner left at the time I booked, which had the bed closest to the balcony was on deck 8. so I did go ahead and book that.

We did not feel like the noise nor the vibration of the cabin when pulling into port, was any worse than other regular balcony cabins we have had on other cruises. There seems to always be vibration when we are pulling into port and docking that always wakes me. . just my morning wake up call, no problem with me.

Since I had no choice on which deck I chose this time, I am hoping the noise on deck 8 will not be a problem. I love an aft balcony so much, I am willing to take the chance.

Sorry to hear the previous poster felt the food was not good. We were very pleased with the food when we were previously on the Epic, while in the Mediterranean. We did chose to eat at several of the restaurants with an upcharge for dinner, but we had room service every breakfast, and most days were no onboard for lunch.

We are so looking forward to our corner aft balcony on the Epic again.

Couple things ..... just noticed that aft facing balcony 12310 is now open for Jan 25th sailing. It is corner with bed by the balcony. Here is link to a thread with photos of the stateroom and balcony

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1556436

Come and join the rollcall - we're on the same sailing but no aft facing balcony this time. Got a really great deal on a B6 large balcony and can't justify going for the aft facing. Here is link to rollcall thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1732031&page=39