Raiatea excursions?

lallarebecca

We´ll have one full day (6 a.m. - 11 p.m.) in Rangiroa during our upcoming cruise and since it is my first time there and I have no clues about the island I would like all your advice!

Any excursions that you can recommend? Places/things that should not be missed etc.? All advice is highly appreciated!

I´m in my early 30´s and will be travelling with my mother in her early 60´s, we are both healthy and reasonably fit, but we do not like something to extreme when it comes to excursions. However we love the sea, and especially snorkelling.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Being an older cruiser (72) but in good shape, do I need to worry about the snorkling being in waters with strong currents. Years ago that would not be a concern but now I try to be more careful. It seems like more work if I am going against the current than when I was younger. Judy

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone been on the tour offered by Leon with Pa'ati excursions on Rangiroa? Sounds like a great tour. Wonderng what people who have been on it think. Also wondering about the return time at 4:00 PM and boarding the Oceania Marina ship that leaves port at 4:00. Wondering if anyone had problems getting back on board ship in time for departure.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

We just did Bruno's tour last week and there was an older single woman that handled the tour very well. The only place that she needed extra help was at the Coral Garden. They assigned one guide to her and she was fine. I remember she said that she was worried she wouldn't be able to do it but that it was amazing. In the worst case scenario you could do the rest of the tour and just relax on the beach during the coral garden.