What items for check in

W283386

Have not cruised in 5 years. Want to verify that all I need to bring to the pier are passports,the completed xpress pass showing credit card info and luggage with the pre printed tags that I have received. That is what Celebrity told me but from reading these boards I have found out that sometimes Celebrity provides different answers to the same question. Thanks

Have not cruised in 5 years. Want to verify that all I need to bring to the pier are passports,the completed xpress pass showing credit card info and luggage with the pre printed tags that I have received. That is what Celebrity told me but from reading these boards I have found out that sometimes Celebrity provides different answers to the same question. Thanks

Actually, you don't even need all that....you really only need your passports and some credit card! (some ports do require you to show your xpress pass as well, but very few.

The porters have a list of passengers and can create luggage tags on the spot at the pier....and the xpress pass is on their computers, so the passport should allow them to find your booking quite easily. You can even change your credit card at check in if you want.

The fact is that passengers lose luggage tags and their printed xpress pass all the time....and celebrity is used to it....so don't panic if you find (or can't find) those things when you arrive at the pier.

However, you really have listed all that celebrity hopes you bring...and do bring the credit card with you to verify at checkin

Edited by ghstudio

But you'll also need to produce the credit card referenced--in shorthand format [the online check-in process only asks for the type of card and the last four numbers]--on your Xpress Pass...

The agent will take an imprint of your credit card during check-in/before you board the ship...

Edited by Xport

The only thing that is really essential to bring is your passport (unless it is a closed circuit cruise where alternate ID is acceptable, but even then it is better to use a passport).

Everything else is optional.

It is desirable to bring your xpress pass because having it helps to expedite the boarding process at the pier, but even if you should lose it, don't panic because you can still get checked in. It just takes a little longer.

A credit card is convenient for setting up your shipboard account, but you can set up a cash account instead if you should forget or lose your credit card.

As for luggage tags, you can either use the luggage tags they send out in advance, make your own luggage tags, or get luggage tags at the pier. It doesn't make any difference which type you use so whichever you prefer is fine.

Just don't lose your passport (or whatever form of ID you are using to get on the ship).

Edited by varoo

Have a free hand ready to fill out the health questionnaire that asks if you are well. Personally, I like to have my own pen to do this rather than nab a few extra germs as I am about to board.:eek:

:D True .... be ready to fill out that health questionnaire ... simple (just wants to know if you are current sick or have been around anyone who has been in the past 24 hours) but it does require a pen and a free hand.

LuLu

~~~~