Epic waterslides - hours and height requirements

Sunshine101

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry if this has been asked many times before, but I tried searching several different ways and can't find an accurate answer. Looking for the hits of the waterslides and the height requirements for kids?

Thanks for your help!

I don't think theres a specific requirement, but personally I wouldn't let a non-confident swimmer on them. In England most of our waterslides tend to be for ages 7-8 and upwards who can swim, I would stick to those type of guidelines. When I was on the epic one of the slides is dark and fast, and most of them will dunk you when you come out. There may be a height restriction in the small print by the slides but its not really enforced.

Just off the Epic this past Saturday. Height requirement is 48 inches for all 3. My 5 year old DS loved the water slides. They do get dark inside - but he loved them just the same. He does not swim & he was just fine - they do not end in a swimming pool. The only thing he did do was hold his nose close to the end so that water did not go up his nose. The Epic plunge (orange/yellow slide) did close one day at sea because of high winds ... guess they did not want the intertubes flying off the ship :).

On the sea days, I believe the slides were open from 10-6. Not sure about the port days as we were off the ship all day.

On our most recent Epic cruise the slides were open 10-6 during the day. There was one evening that the slides were open for night time sliding. It may have been Day 6 the night of the Family White Hot Party. It was neat to slide under the stars and there was no line whatsoever.

Just off the Epic this past Saturday. Height requirement is 48 inches for all 3. My 5 year old DS loved the water slides. They do get dark inside - but he loved them just the same. He does not swim & he was just fine - they do not end in a swimming pool. The only thing he did do was hold his nose close to the end so that water did not go up his nose. The Epic plunge (orange/yellow slide) did close one day at sea because of high winds ... guess they did not want the intertubes flying off the ship :).

On the sea days, I believe the slides were open from 10-6. Not sure about the port days as we were off the ship all day.

When we sailed earlier this year the height requirement was 42" has it changed to 48"?

Please say no...my little guy won't be too happy since the first thing he wants to do when we board next Saturday is go down the Epic Plunge lol!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thank you for asking this question...we've been thinking about booking the epic but our little water monster would not be tall enough for the slide and would make a very grumpy cruise traveler. I'm going to file this away for when we should consider booking the epic.

When we sailed earlier this year the height requirement was 42" has it changed to 48"?

Please say no...my little guy won't be too happy since the first thing he wants to do when we board next Saturday is go down the Epic Plunge lol!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We just got off the Epic the day before yesterday.

The height requirement is definitely 42" for all the slides.

Our 5 yr old is 44" and he went up to the sign to show me he was tall enough multiple times. The NCL staff never measured him, although they did ask me once if I had checked his height to make sure he was tall enough. He enjoyed all the slides, but really had more fun just swimming in the pool.

The slides were open from 10am to 6pm most days. On our Nassau day, they stayed open until 8pm, I guess because it was a late departure day.

No need for your kid to be able to swim. The slides all empty out into water only a few inches deep.

We like to board as early as possible. Will the slides be open at noon on embarkation day?

We got on board about 1pm. The Epic Plunge was closed, but the other two slides were open. I'm not sure if that is the norm or maybe they were having problems with the plunge.

On our most recent Epic cruise the slides were open 10-6 during the day. There was one evening that the slides were open for night time sliding. It may have been Day 6 the night of the Family White Hot Party. It was neat to slide under the stars and there was no line whatsoever.

Family White Hot Party.....this sounds neat, what's it all about?

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry if this has been asked many times before, but I tried searching several different ways and can't find an accurate answer.

Thanks for your help!

Don't be sorry. I need a thread on how to search. I tried to search Disney World and got no threads on topic. It's not you :)

Edited by PoopDeckPappy
correct spelling