New Orleans - Sunshine - Luggage Express?

rhinomike

Does anyone know if Luggage Express will be offered on the Sunshine out of New Orleans? I know she just arrived over the weekend so maybe someone on her this week or next week can let me know. We are sailing at the end of December. Thank you.

Does anyone know if Luggage Express will be offered on the Sunshine out of New Orleans? I know she just arrived over the weekend so maybe someone on her this week or next week can let me know. We are sailing at the end of December. Thank you.

Hi, Mike. As of right now there is no Luggage Express in NOLA. Neither Conquest nor Elation have had it available. I was on Conquest earlier this month. I will be sailing Sunshine for New Year's. Are you on that sailing?

Hi, Mike. As of right now there is no Luggage Express in NOLA. Neither Conquest nor Elation have had it available. I was on Conquest earlier this month. I will be sailing Sunshine for New Year's. Are you on that sailing?

Yes we are. Me, my wife and our 4 teenage boys.

Thank you for the info. I found a private company on here that will take our luggage from the ship and take it the airport.

Yes we are. Me, my wife and our 4 teenage boys.

Thank you for the info. I found a private company on here that will take our luggage from the ship and take it the airport.

What a great way to start the New Year! Good to hear that you found a company to handle your luggage. That sure makes debarkation easier. I hope you and your family have a wonderful cruise! Sounds like you and your DW have your hands full with 4 teenage boys. I'll bet there's never a dull moment in your household. lol.

What a great way to start the New Year! Good to hear that you found a company to handle your luggage. That sure makes debarkation easier. I hope you and your family have a wonderful cruise! Sounds like you and your DW have your hands full with 4 teenage boys. I'll bet there's never a dull moment in your household. lol.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise too. It's vacation. Of course you will. Lol.

Yes we have our hands full with 4 teenage boys. We didn't plan on 4 only 2. But 2 brothers came along that needed a family. So we ended up adopting them about 8 years ago. They all keep us busy. It's a full time job.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise too. It's vacation. Of course you will. Lol.

Yes we have our hands full with 4 teenage boys. We didn't plan on 4 only 2. But 2 brothers came along that needed a family. So we ended up adopting them about 8 years ago. They all keep us busy. It's a full time job.

Thanks, Mike. I have scheduled 16 days off work over the holidays and I'm really looking forward to being off and the cruise. I've cruised over Christmas many times, but this will be my first New Year's cruise. I hope we have lots of warm, sunny weather.

Sounds like you've been blessed with a wonderful family. I'll bet the boys will make some great holiday memories to carry with them for years to come. Is holiday cruising a family tradition for you?

Hey Mike,

We are also on the Sunshine next month.. Dec 22. I don't know if the ship offers it or not but there is a private company in the terminal that you drop your luggage off with them and they deliver it to the airport for you for a nominal fee. We dropped off our luggage with them, went to town to play a bit and later in the day we went to the luggage area and reclaimed our bags at the airport. Worked out perfectly.

Not sure of the name of the company, but we used a luggage service after we got off the Conquest in September. We picked up our luggage, went through customs, and then took our luggage to an area outside that was marked clearly. I think it was called Advanced Check In. It was very reasonably priced. We would do it again for sure. Our luggage arrived at the airport at the time we had requested it.

Thanks, Mike. I have scheduled 16 days off work over the holidays and I'm really looking forward to being off and the cruise. I've cruised over Christmas many times, but this will be my first New Year's cruise. I hope we have lots of warm, sunny weather.

Sounds like you've been blessed with a wonderful family. I'll bet the boys will make some great holiday memories to carry with them for years to come. Is holiday cruising a family tradition for you?

No. Not a family tradition as of yet. But not a bad idea. :)

Hey Mike,

We are also on the Sunshine next month.. Dec 22. I don't know if the ship offers it or not but there is a private company in the terminal that you drop your luggage off with them and they deliver it to the airport for you for a nominal fee. We dropped off our luggage with them, went to town to play a bit and later in the day we went to the luggage area and reclaimed our bags at the airport. Worked out perfectly.

Thank you. This is what I found. Maybe it will help someone in the future.

http://www.advancecheckin.com/

Just off the Sunshine transatlantic and Luggage Express was not available. However, like some other posters have indicated, there is a company right out side of the terminal that will either a-hold your bags while you spend the day in NoLo ($25) or b-for an additional $15 take them to the airport (total $40 for 4 bags). While convenient, it made lunch in the French Quarter before our flight out an expensive proposition.

Just off the Sunshine transatlantic and Luggage Express was not available. However, like some other posters have indicated, there is a company right out side of the terminal that will either a-hold your bags while you spend the day in NoLo ($25) or b-for an additional $15 take them to the airport (total $40 for 4 bags). While convenient, it made lunch in the French Quarter before our flight out an expensive proposition.

Ouch... Not where I got the idea it was $25 to transport the bags. I never remember reading about the $15 charge. Maybe its a new thing or maybe I never read fully. The new website is pretty but its harder for me to navigate I think.

We do plan to use this service as we have a 455pm flight out and rather enjoy the day vs sit at the airport.