Alternative to Rome suggestions

We are trying to plan a day trip from Civitavecchia port..and hoping someone has some good suggestions ..We have been to Rome often and wanted something different. Hiring car and driver..any suggestions? thanks

Beaches of Anzio,the countryside off the Appian Way,Ostica Antica(the old seaport of Rome ),etc.

I agree. Tivoli is good day trip from Rome, just be aware that it is EAST of Rome. For a driver, it is easy to get to off the circular highway around Rome and follow via Tiburtina, then up the mountain, to Tivoli.

We stayed at a timeshare on a golf course just off Tiburtina for a week so while DH golfed, I drove to Tivoli.

Villa Adrianna was Hadrian's summer place, absolutely huge but a lot is in ruins. I want to duplicate the statues and pillars from around the pool but my family thinks I've lost it! LOL!

Since you're in Tivoli, also visit the Villa d'Este, which boats fabulous fountains down the mountain side. Este was a cardinal with a penchant for sex, as many were in those times, judging from some of the frescoes. One outside fountain displayed a woman with nine breasts.

Archived