We have PH in-laws have a standard balcony

NH Cruisers

The wife and I booked a forward Pewnthouse suite on the Dawn deck 10 for our 20th wedding anniversary cruise. My in-laws are booked too, in a regular mid ship balcony.

I read here on CC how suite guest get priority boarding, get to eat lunch and breakfast a Cagney's and other perks.

My question. Being my reservation is linked with my in-laws. Can we all get on the ship together? I wont be leaving them, so if not I will not be able to enjoy that perk. I realize they can't do the Cagney's thing with us and would never expect that. They are very feeble, FIL wheelchair bound, and can be confused easily. I want to be with them when we board.

Jon

The wife and I booked a forward Pewnthouse suite on the Dawn deck 10 for our 20th wedding anniversary cruise. My in-laws are booked too, in a regular mid ship balcony.

I read here on CC how suite guest get priority boarding, get to eat lunch and breakfast a Cagney's and other perks.

My question. Being my reservation is linked with my in-laws. Can we all get on the ship together? I wont be leaving them, so if not I will not be able to enjoy that perk. I realize they can't do the Cagney's thing with us and would never expect that. They are very feeble, FIL wheelchair bound, and can be confused easily. I want to be with them when we board.

Jon

Jon, I would recommend reaching out to the pre-cruise concierge desk and letting them know your situation, so they can advise the Concierge. We did this once when we had the OS booked, with our son and future DIL in the adjoining balcony. They were permitted to go through the entire boarding process with us, and the Concierge had their key cards attached to ours when we arrived at the concierge lounge. They very much appreciate the heads-up on something like this, as it allows them to have the process go seamlessly at embarkation. ;)

Jon, I would recommend reaching out to the pre-cruise concierge desk and letting them know your situation, so they can advise the Concierge. We did this once when we had the OS booked, with our son and future DIL in the adjoining balcony. They were permitted to go through the entire boarding process with us, and the Concierge had their key cards attached to ours when we arrived at the concierge lounge. They very much appreciate the heads-up on something like this, as it allows them to have the process go seamlessly at embarkation. ;)

That sounds like the way to do it. Thank you for the suggestion. I will deffinitly do.

Jon

We had a similar setup on the Pride of America in July, with my family in a penthouse and my parents in a balcony cabin. We were all allowed to board together as a group. Also, we were able to bring up to two guests to Cagney's

with us for breakfast each morning, so you might be able to take them to that too. It probably depends on the Dawn's concierge, but since the POA concierge allowed it you have a good chance.

For what it's worth, my brother and I are sailing with our parents on the Breakaway on Sunday (!!!). My mom is Platinum but the rest of us are not. She called and was told that my father (in same cabin) would get the priority embarkation, but that my brother and I (different cabin) would have to go through the regular check in. Granted, that's not the same thing as the suites, but it is an example of them limiting perks to those entitled and not the rest of the linked reservation.

Last March on the Star we had a group of 10 of us. We were all in suites except for one couple (their first ever cruise). I emailed the pre cruise concierge and asked if they could join us at embarkation and a breakfast or two at Cagney's. They were given VIP Status and enjoyed all the suite perks we did, except the butler. I also mentioned that we were all there for our daughters wedding cruise. Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

• 4 months later...

Thanks for getting the Cagneys thing out of the way. That is often a hot button.

Some will not "approve" of the boarding together, but it is just boarding. You will not have a problem.

One small hint... as you snake your way into the terminal, try to ONLY show your boarding documents with the suite and just say they are with us. Have the others handy, depending on the power trip the various rent-a-cop and assistants are on.

In the past when we were in a suite, I would always say, we are in a suite, but they still wanted to check the room number before sending over the right line.

LOL!

For what it's worth, my brother and I are sailing with our parents on the Breakaway on Sunday (!!!). My mom is Platinum but the rest of us are not. She called and was told that my father (in same cabin) would get the priority embarkation, but that my brother and I (different cabin) would have to go through the regular check in. Granted, that's not the same thing as the suites, but it is an example of them limiting perks to those entitled and not the rest of the linked reservation.

I'd hope the wheelchair etc would lead to more flexibility though. And more understanding from the other passengers.