VH Cabin most expensive Veranda

eddieg07410

We had booked a VH cabin on the Zuiderdam Panama Canal trip in February. When we booked it with a TA it was the cheapest Veranda Guarantee we could find. Now I see it is going for more than the least expensive suite. Given that it is not the most desireable stateroom even though there are only 4 this just doesn't make sense.

We had booked a VH cabin on the Zuiderdam Panama Canal trip in February. When we booked it with a TA it was the cheapest Veranda Guarantee we could find. Now I see it is going for more than the least expensive suite. Given that it is not the most desireable stateroom even though there are only 4 this just doesn't make sense.

We booked this with the hopes that we would be upgraded but at these prices it is unlikely anyone would choose these cabins over any other Veranda

Current issues about A/C problems being reported in some of the upper level Zuiderdam cabins - I think the aft cabins are the ones affected which often are higher priced ones. Who knows maybe someone is trashing them here so they can get fire sale prices later if he can prevent anyone from buying them? Naaaa, couldn't happen.

IMO what this means is that they have reached their quota and don't want any more VH bookings. :)

I believe that you are correct. They are trying to encourage people to book higher level verandahs as it is a better value.

This is a very common practice with HAL.

IMO what this means is that they have reached their quota and don't want any more VH bookings. :)

I believe that you are correct. They are trying to encourage people to book higher level verandahs as it is a better value.

This is a very common practice with HAL.

I was thinking the same thing.

IMO what this means is that they have reached their quota and don't want any more VH bookings.
Could be, but why not just remove them from the "available" list? I think I remember someone posting that they booked one these inflated price VH thinking that it meant they were the top choice! :eek: Edited by catl331