Juneau question

Kimahri

1) I was wondering if taxis are available at the port?

We will be on the Radiance of the Seas.

2) How far is the Orthodox church from the port? It doesn't look far but the Divine Liturgy service starts at 9:00 am and that the time we get in. We know we will be a few minutes late but obviously we want to get there as quick as we can.

Thanks in advance

From the area near the tram, St. Nicholas church is around a mile, maybe less. You just need to walk down Franklin St (where all the tourist shops are..the Red Dog Saloon is a good landmark to start walking toward) to 5th Street. Hang a right on 5th Street and in a half a block, you are there.

Once you leave the tourist district (where Franklin and Front Street meet by the clock post on the corner or the Mt. Juneau Trading Post), the climb is going to be mostly uphill. I don't think it would be an issue unless you have mobility issues though.

As far as the taxis, I'll let someone else answer that. I always see taxis downtown around the cruise docks, but I have never tried to catch one (I have access to my own car there).