What is your favorite slide show software?

We'd like to do a little more with our cruise photo slide shows than just use Windows. Can anyone recommend a fancier program?

We've looked at PhotoDex Pro Gold and a couple others, but need help making a decision. What features should we look for? Do you have a favorite or least favorite slide show program? WHich one will make our photos look better? :)

Thanks for your help.

Proshow Gold, hands down..... :D

I just upgraded to the 2.5 version, and it rocks.

You can do all sorts of cool stuff with it, and burn

to normal DVD media that will play on most home DVD players.

One thing that I didn't like in previous versions was the

picture quality loss. With the new version and a show burned

to DVD it looks great.

Check out the software here:

http://www.photodex.com

I like Memories on TV it cost me $49 and I love it, it's at http://www.codejam.com/motv.htm - loads of transition and other effects, and you can also add movie clips. I especially like the Ken Burns effect and it's easy to add audio tracks. It's very easy to use, you can let it do things automatically or you can control everything. However, I haven't used anything else so cannot compare. It's meant for burning shows to CD or DVD for viewing on computer or TV so if you're looking for something to post on a website maybe not the best choice for that...at least I don't use it for that.

We'd like to do a little more with our cruise photo slide shows than just use Windows. Can anyone recommend a fancier program?

We've looked at PhotoDex Pro Gold and a couple others, but need help making a decision. What features should we look for? Do you have a favorite or least favorite slide show program? WHich one will make our photos look better? :)

Thanks for your help.

I like Memories on TV it cost me $49 and I love it, it's at http://www.codejam.com/motv.htm - loads of transition and other effects, and you can also add movie clips. I especially like the Ken Burns effect and it's easy to add audio tracks. It's very easy to use, you can let it do things automatically or you can control everything. However, I haven't used anything else so cannot compare. It's meant for burning shows to CD or DVD for viewing on computer or TV so if you're looking for something to post on a website maybe not the best choice for that...at least I don't use it for that.

I just finished putting together my fist DVD slideshow using the dinky program that came with the DVD burner from HP - very limited, but does a decent job - I guess. Took about an hour to produce a 4 min show :rolleyes:

My question is - on the "Memories on TV" does the program limit the number of slides per show? And - do you have problems with it "freezing" your computer right in the middle of putting the show together?

Archived