Where to Stay ???

us2swingu

Ok here we go, My wife and I are taking our 11 year old on his first Disney Cruise on the Magic at the end of March for a 4 night cruise. We are not sure if we want to stay in Port Canaveral, Cocoa Beach or Daytona Beach. We will be driving and will pay for parking at the Port so we can just get off and head home. We are not looking for anything fancy, but if the price is right and the place is right we don't mind splurging a little either. We will be getting down there on a Sat. and would like to maybe go to Universal Studios or The Harry Potter theme park on Sunday and then our Ship leaves Monday afternoon. Thanks in advance for your help and hopefully I gave enough info.

Steve:cool:

If you are going to Universal, just stay in one of the Universal area hotels and drive over the morning of the cruise--it's about an hour and very easy to get there, but makes no sense to stay out near the port if you will have to commute back and forth to Universal. After a day at Universal you'll be tired and won't want to drive when instead you could go to your hotel, sleep, and get up fresh the next day. Plus it's really cool coming over the causeway bridge and catching a glimpse of the ship--something that won't happen if you come in the day before.

Frankly, there are a lot more hotel choices in the Orlando area. If I were spending my day in Orlando, I'd stay at an Orlando area hotel.

If going to Universal, consider one of their hotels. For less money, we LOVE the Hyatt Place NW. We usually just use it for overnight before the cruise, but it is a nice place.

If you plan to use the attractions near the terminal, then I'd do a Cocoa Beach, Cape Canaveral hotel. My favorite there is the Residence Inn, but there are others that are totally acceptable.

Ok I ended up booking a Hotel in Orlando that is only 1.5 miles from Universal Studios and right down from the 528 expressway. My next question is would it be best to take the 528 toll road which is a straight shot to port Canaveral or is there a better way ? I appreciate your help..

Ok I ended up booking a Hotel in Orlando that is only 1.5 miles from Universal Studios and right down from the 528 expressway. My next question is would it be best to take the 528 toll road which is a straight shot to port Canaveral or is there a better way ? I appreciate your help..

Take the 528 (Beachline). There are a few other routes, but they take much longer and it would be very easy to get lost.

Which hotel did you book?

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

Edited by ducklite

Though i dont have indepth idea, but i would suggest to check out Disney website where you would be able to get many diffrent stay areas like Hotels and resorts within Disney land .

Why would they want to book a hotel at "Disneyland" when they are cruising out if Florida? ;)

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...