Small outstanding balance after final payment

mspink98

I made our last payment yesterday morning, a few days before due date. This morning, I just happened to log on to check something and noticed a charge for $4.90. I paid it, but just wondering if anyone else has had this happen, and if there's any theory as to what we're paying $4.90 for? I'm going to be paranoid now that something else little will get tacked on and we'll be cancelled for a few bucks. :eek:

Did you prepay your gratuities? It seems after the last IT update a few weeks ago, those of us who prepaid gratuities at the lower rate (the amount was increased .35 per person/per day earlier this year) were 'updated' to the new amount. But if you called RCI, their records don't show the balance due.

We're on a 10 day cruise in January (we've made final payment) and our balance is now $7.00 on My Cruises. I have checked on it twice and they show a zero balance and have sent me a statement to show that.

I wonder if you'll get a $4.90 refund or credit. :o

Don't be paranoid about being cancelled - give them a call and make sure all is okay.

Edited by MS52

Did your port charges change? I've seen this done on an other cruise line that after I made final payment but before it was due, the port charges changed and they billed me the additional fee.

Have a great trip.

Don

This happened to me as well, in the amount of $3.50.

I called and they had no idea what it was for. They removed in it the system, but it still shows on the website as a balance due. I made sure they emailed me a statement showing paid in full.

I'm set to sail in 2 weeks. My printed confirmation has a zero balance and is paid in full. When I went online to look at my reservation it said I had a balance of $5.60. I called up Royal Caribbean and she had no idea why it said that and sent me another paid receipt again. It still says $5.60 balance on the website but she told me not to worry about it.

• 2 weeks later...

We've had a $6.30 balance due showing for a month and a half. I called a while back and they told me it shows paid in full on their end, not to worry, and it would "go away".

It's still there today so I figured I'd call again; same story. This time, they told me there was a system upgrade (I'd say downgrade!) on 10/28 which is causing some people to get these odd amounts shown as balance due.

Apparently, it is only something we see because they don't see it.

I was assured not to worry (again); this time, they sent me a statement showing paid in full just in case.

But, since they still addressed me as "You and Mark are sailing on Serenade...." I guess this means they didn't cancel us and rebook our cabin :D:D:D

Still, I think always a good thing to call in and double check just to be sure it really isn't something owed.

I'm set to sail in 2 weeks. My printed confirmation has a zero balance and is paid in full. When I went online to look at my reservation it said I had a balance of $5.60. I called up Royal Caribbean and she had no idea why it said that and sent me another paid receipt again. It still says $5.60 balance on the website but she told me not to worry about it.

I had the same thing happen to me before the Liberty transatlantic in October. It was showing I owed $5 after I made final payment. So I paid it thinking that port charge or something went up. I went back into my booked a few weeks later and once again it showed the $5 owing. So I called and like you they had no idea what was going and told me I didn't owe anything (in fact the $5 I paid had been refunded). So I just ignored it.