QE2 Princess Grill Furniture

carlmm

Could somebody tell me how the Princess Grill on the QE2 is currently furnished?

I have seen pictures with wooden chairs and others with metal chairs. Which one are original? Which ones are there now?

Thank you for the information and the link to the photos. I enjoyed them and I am looking forward even to the "old and worn furniture and timber/plastic panelling" in the cabins as you, Ken, described it. Might be just to my taste. :-)

I sailed aboard the QE2 in May. Even though most of the chairs in the Princess Grill were the original metal chairs (known as the "sled chairs"), I noticed that there were a few wooden chairs from the Caronia Restaurant in the area against the wall. I think it is curious that one of the upscale grill rooms is the only dining area on the ship that still has the original furniture. This is one of the least-changed public areas on the ship.

We were on QE2 just last week and dined in Princess Grill. The staff in the restaurant love the "sled" chairs. According to them, it is much easier for them to serve from behind in relatively tight circumstances because they don't have to dodge chair legs. A number of the tables along the walls at the back of the restaurant have banquettes but because those tables are positioned higher they do not have a great view out of the windows. We had a lovely table right beside the windows.

Archived