Azura 30 November -Currency

jerseybetsie

We're on the same cruise and have done it several times. US dollars are accepted on the islands. You need to have small denominations for taxis, beach chairs etc. You may get change in EC dollars but you can always spent them at the next stop. We're really looking forward to it. I would tip in US dollars as often the staff send their all their pay home and tips are for having a beer etc. when off duty but they will pleased with either.

Have a wonderful holiday and l hope we have great weather.

It's a great itinerary and very easy to do. Here's my tips and l expect others will join in lol.

In no order

St kitts lots of taxis at the port hop in one and go to the beach. I like cockleshell bay but others swear by frigate. should be able to share as lots will be going out that way. L also like a walk round the town easy to do and interesting church etc.

Tortola open top buses to cane garden beach we always go early as it gets busy later. It's also nice to walk round the botanical gardens and the town. Enjoy a pushers punch at the pussers bar.

Dominica lots of vans waiting to take people round the island really nice place lots of rainforest. About 20 us also good botanical gardens. The fort hotel is also great for a cocktail.

St Lucia doing a tour here with cosol tours lots of reviews on here. Just an email and you'll be picked up at the port. Others wise the beach but l don't like Castries very much.

Grand turk don't need to do anything here ship berths at a great beach with free chairs etc. we go to the next beach which is much quieter or you can go into the town but it's about 3 miles.

Antigua loads of great beaches and organised taxis with fixed rates. Always try and share and organise taxi to pick you back up. L like valley church beach but there are lots of reviews of others on here.

St vincent very different and a poor working island but very friendly people and great botanical gardens. Get a taxi up under 10 us and walk back. A couple of nice churches just enjoy. People get put off at the port and because people are poor but it's a really friendly island and fascinating. I'm thinking of going to villa beach for a change.

St marrten great tax free shopping easy to walk into tour or catch a quick ferry to the beach 6 us return. Beach is good very lively cheap beer a really good fun day. You can catch a bus to the French side but l like to shop here and always wait until l get here to buy anything.

Anything else you what to know just ask. I'm not big on ship organised tours and it's so easy to sort yourself out. Enjoy!!!

I always auto tip but like to tip extra to certain staff members. I know this is a subject that no-one ever agrees on.

Agreed but I wasn't sure the OP realised there was auto tipping in place.