Piano bar --- songs... Etc ...

Elaine515

This is from a new, future Piano Man starting with Carnival in December.. I just "met" him on Facebook and if he's anything on the ship like he is via messages, we might just have another Winner in the Piano Bar... He would love to know...

What are your favorite interactive songs in the piano bars?

Songs that get everyone singing along OR ones that have some unique/funny involvement between entertainer and audience?

This is from a new, future Piano Man starting with Carnival in December.. I just "met" him on Facebook and if he's anything on the ship like he is via messages, we might just have another Winner in the Piano Bar... He would love to know...

What are your favorite interactive songs in the piano bars?

Songs that get everyone singing along OR ones that have some unique/funny involvement between entertainer and audience?

We love the piano bar bug quite honestly it is hit or miss. Some guys are excellent players/singers but cannot work the crowd. Others have very limited song catalogs. Best I have seen was Mark " the piano who're" on Glory several years ago. He could and would play anything and we always stumbled out of there hoarse at 2am! Roger on Pride was good too but turned it into piano bar karaoke too often. Other than the usual Billy Joel songs and tired renditions of Sweet Caroline I think classics by The Eagles and Elton John are crowd pleasers as well as the popular country hits.

We love the piano bar bug quite honestly it is hit or miss. Some guys are excellent players/singers but cannot work the crowd. Others have very limited song catalogs. Best I have seen was Mark " the piano who're" on Glory several years ago. He could and would play anything and we always stumbled out of there hoarse at 2am! Roger on Pride was good too but turned it into piano bar karaoke too often. Other than the usual Billy Joel songs and tired renditions of Sweet Caroline I think classics by The Eagles and Elton John are crowd pleasers as well as the popular country hits.

like but the usual's must get real boring for the piano guy.

Singing piano man 3x a night would be great for me but would get boring for the pianoman.

Most of the popular sing-along piano bar songs are fine with me. However, the two things that make me leave the Piano Bar are when the piano guy sings the songs too fast (trying to get through songs more quickly) or when he sings the songs with his own tune. It makes it very hard to get a good sing along going when the piano man is trying to change things up and be the star of the show.

What I DON'T like is when they change the song and meld a bunch of songs together expecting everyone to sing along. I don't want a montage. I want good songs that everyone knows the words too...at least the chorus!

One of my favorites - The UNICORN. (Complete with hand gestures). Also love "The Boxer", "O-bla-dee, O-bla-da" and "Dark Lady".

Edited by mrsfuzzmo

What I DON'T like is when they change the song and meld a bunch of songs together expecting everyone to sing along. I don't want a montage. I want good songs that everyone knows the words too...at least the chorus!

One of my favorites - The UNICORN. (Complete with hand gestures). Also love "The Boxer", "O-bla-dee, O-bla-da" and "Dark Lady".

Last year on the Triumph Russell from the piano bar gave my husband the microphone and he sang Three Times a Lady to me for our 20th anniversary. I cried through the whole song and so did the lady sitting next to me and she didn't even know us! This year when we sailed a few weeks ago I ran into Russell while boarding and he remembered me!