Houston Area Hotel?

tfox1018

Anyone have an opinion on The Hilton Garden Inn in Webster or the Holiday Inn Kemah? I know Kemah would be nice because it is close to the Boardwalk but our flight gets in around 6PM and I cannot seem to find out what time the shops close.

Any info is much appreciated.

We are taking the Caribbean Princess on January 25 so our hotel stay would be on the 24th.

Thank you!

I lived in Clear Lake for several years, in Houston now.

Kemah would be my choice, shops open till 9, restaurants until at least 10, and the rides currently until 11 on Friday. You can walk to the boardwalk from the hotel, and it's a straight shot up 146 to the cruise terminal.

The one in Webster is across the highway from the Baybrook mall, and isn't really a walkable area, and doesn't have anything really too interesting to do around there.

I lived in Clear Lake for several years, in Houston now.

Kemah would be my choice, shops open till 9, restaurants until at least 10, and the rides currently until 11 on Friday. You can walk to the boardwalk from the hotel, and it's a straight shot up 146 to the cruise terminal.

The one in Webster is across the highway from the Baybrook mall, and isn't really a walkable area, and doesn't have anything really too interesting to do around there.

Thank you- this is exactly what I was looking for! We are traveling with a group of Senior Citizens- is it a long walk and is it lit well?

Thank you- this is exactly what I was looking for! We are traveling with a group of Senior Citizens- is it a long walk and is it lit well?

It's about 3 short blocks to where the local shops are, and 3 or so more to the end of the boardwalk where the restaurants on the water are. If the hotel has a shuttle they could drop you right by the boardwalk entrance. It's a nice walk along the side of the marina to the boardwalk, with some souviner shops, etc. along the way. I'd consider it well lit along the marina to the boardwalk, but can't say for certain from the hotel to the marina. If I head out there this weekend I'll take a closer look and let you know.

It's about 3 short blocks to where the local shops are, and 3 or so more to the end of the boardwalk where the restaurants on the water are. If the hotel has a shuttle they could drop you right by the boardwalk entrance. It's a nice walk along the side of the marina to the boardwalk, with some souviner shops, etc. along the way. I'd consider it well lit along the marina to the boardwalk, but can't say for certain from the hotel to the marina. If I head out there this weekend I'll take a closer look and let you know.

Thank you so much!

• 3 weeks later...