Magic question with a one year old

onebzemom

We will be on the Magic for Spring Break with our daughter, son in law, their one year old and my parents. We all plan to share in the babysitting. We have three balcony cabins (our first balconies) with one connecting door.

I understand from other posts babysitting is available. Which is good. I believe the cost is $6.00 an hour. I also read we can take her to Camp Carnival in the morning for special playtime.

We will be bringing a small stroller, a small blow up pool for bath time in the shower and disposable drink cups. Plus a few other items that were suggested.

I would appreciate any suggestions and/or shared experiences , especially if you have been on the Magic, that might help us with this cruise. I'm compiling a list.

Thank you!

You may get more suggestions on the family board. Baby sitting is for about two hours in the morning on sea days (or parents can come with baby to play for no charge) and after 10 pm. The rate is something like $6.50 or so an hour.

As far as advice- bring small stroller (not the travel system), disposable sippy cups and bibs, and child size fork/spoon (if the child is using them). Extra diapers, wipes and any kind of medication that the child might need. Have reasonable expectations and lots of patience.

DH and I took our daughter who is nearly 3, on two cruises. The first one she was 14 months old and the second one she was a little over 2. All of her routines were off and she did not nap during the day much. She was a little grumpy and there were meltdowns (more so on the second one). But it was great family time.

Some type of entertainment for dinner in the MDR. Our daughters have movies saved on their tablets and they would watch them while waiting for food to be served. Made for a much more pleasant evening. Kids have a hard time with a 2hr dinner.