Disappointed - UBP Blackouts for Spring Breaks

southt00

If 8 girls travel together in 2 cabins and one cabin buys the package and one doesn't and they share they have 60 drinks per day to share between 8 of them. That's 7.5 drinks per girl a day while on board the ship. That is what will happen. NCL knows that.
Well, NCL doesn't have this 15 drink limit, but you're right, there must be a lot of sharing between cabins, and they can't/won't do much about it in most cases. They make so much money off alcohol sales, even with the UBP, that you'd have to be cheating a lot and being really indiscreet about it for them to step in. And it such cases, I don't think they would hesitate to step in.

By the way, what's wrong with filling a water bottle? :confused:

The Corks and Caps Wine and Beer program doesn't appear to have the same restriction.
That sounds like an good alternative for wine drinkers. Can anyone confirm that this package is available on 1- and 2-day cruises, and on POA? Edited by hawkeyetlse

They don't want folks putting their opened water bottle (potential germs) in direct contact with the water dispenser in public venues.

You are instructed at the water station to use a clean glass to fill your water bottle. It's a way to cut down on the spread of germs such as the dreaded norovirus.

I saw a guy last march ramming his 500 ml disposable water bottle up the tap. I instructed him on how he was suppose to fill it. He just death stared me and I continued until I had finished filling him in. I figured well at least he knows now. ;). I spoke with one of the waiters and he said "good for you" we are only allowed to offer a cup if we see someone doing that. He said they usually do not do that because the guest gets angry and reports them!

Well, NCL doesn't have this 15 drink limit, but you're right, there must be a lot of sharing between cabins, and they can't/won't do much about it in most cases. They make so much money off alcohol sales, even with the UBP, that you'd have to be cheating a lot and being really indiscreet about it for them to step in. And it such cases, I don't think they would hesitate to step in.

By the way, what's wrong with filling a water bottle? :confused:

That sounds like an good alternative for wine drinkers. Can anyone confirm that this package is available on 1- and 2-day cruises, and on POA?

No limit! This just gets more clearer and clearer as to why NCL does not offer the UBP during spring break.:D

There's no limit, but I would imagine that anyone who orders more than 15 or 20 drinks per day on the UBP gets flagged for a little closer attention…

Any stories out there? Has anyone been cut off or have a story about a "friend" or "fellow cruiser" that was cut off???;). I wonder how much this is actually enforced. Much like the water filling station I would guess? And before anyone says that that does not affect revenue I would beg to differ. Outbreaks on ships is not good advertising!;)

Any stories out there? Has anyone been cut off or have a story about a "friend" or "fellow cruiser" that was cut off???;). I wonder how much this is actually enforced. Much like the water filling station I would guess? And before anyone says that that does not affect revenue I would beg to differ. Outbreaks on ships is not good advertising!;)

No stories but this is what the terms and conditions say, so someone may be cut off or put off depending on how bad they act:

Norwegian encourages the responsible use of alcohol and accordingly reserves the right to permanently or temporarily revoke the drinking privileges of any guest who violates Norwegian’s Guest Code of Conduct or who is deemed a danger to himself,herself or others by vessel management. Continued abuse of alcohol while sailing and/or violation of Norwegian’s alcohol policy may result in immediate disembarkation.

Sailing during a black out period if it were not blacked out would be very irritating for a person like me who does not like to get blackout drunk.

Good for NCL to be courteous to the folks who like to have a fun relaxing cruise without the hassle of 100's of out of control drunk college students.

The reason I don't go on them specialty music cruises, like the Lynyrd Skynyrd Simple Man Cruise? I can deal with drunken fools for a day or so, not for 4 days or more!

Jon

Edited by NH Cruisers

I saw a man get cut off only once. He was wearing one flip-flop and had vomit down the front of his shirt. Had he managed to keep his shoes on and his liquor down, I doubt it would have been enforced.

I saw a man get cut off only once. He was wearing one flip-flop and had vomit down the front of his shirt. Had he managed to keep his shoes on and his liquor down, I doubt it would have been enforced.

Gross. Sounds like he should have been cut-off way sooner!

On a spring break cruise a few years ago one of the Teens club staff members got punched in the face when he asked a drunken college age guy to leave the area of the kids club where there were young children present. The staff member did not press charges but the guy was off the ship at the first stop which was Samana, DR. That was before any drink packages were available.