Outside staterooms on Vision

I was looking at the deck plans for Vision of the Seas at at category I outside cabins. I know that the cabins closest to the front of the ship have portholes instead of windows, but it seems that the 10 or so cabins closest to the front of the ship on each side are bigger. Is this true? How much bigger? Should I snap one of these up?

Is this what everyone means when they talk about 'hump' cabins?

We were on Vision in April/May, in cabin 2518. We didn't notice it being larger than any of those in the vicinity. It was one of those with the portholes (really just 2 rectangular, tall, windows...not the round washing machine variety!). The only difference that we noticed was we had a small easy chair instead of a love seat, since we had the adjoining-cabin door.

It's interesting to note that since the cabins are all pre-assembled and basically "loaded" onto the ship, and the space becomes narrower, almost triangular, as you approach the bow, the windows are not in the same plane as the side of the ship. (Hard to explain...but you'll see!)

The Vision was a beautiful ship, with a great crew...you should have a great time!

Hi...all catagories on any ship will have the same size cabins, location is the only difference on them. So "I" catagory on deck 2, 3 or 4 or where ever will be the same size, just differnt locations.

Hump cabins are only on the Radiance and Voyager class ships. Those are the cabins at the mid section that "bulge out" and form a hump. :D

Thanks!

I appreciate your responses. It's just weird because looking at the deck plans it does seem that the rooms 2010 - 2014 and 2510-2514 are biggest, with rooms 2020 - 2030 and 2520 - 2530 being bigger than the other rooms. I guess they just didn't draw it well if you guys have been in 2518 and it wasn't bigger.

http://travel.travelocity.com/ecruise/ShipDetailsDeck.do?shipId=17&deckId=91

I appreciate the benefit of your experience!

Hi...all catagories on any ship will have the same size cabins, location is the only difference on them. So "I" catagory on deck 2, 3 or 4 or where ever will be the same size, just differnt locations.

Hump cabins are only on the Radiance and Voyager class ships. Those are the cabins at the mid section that "bulge out" and form a hump. :D

I disagree. I have been inside those very forward cabins on several sailings and site inspections on RCI ships and they are smaller where the ship begins to curve. As a TA, I try and avoid putting my clients in those staterooms.

I disagree. I have been inside those very forward cabins on several sailings and site inspections on RCI ships and they are smaller where the ship begins to curve. As a TA, I try and avoid putting my clients in those staterooms.

I didn't take the curve into consideration. As a cruiser, I too avoid the most foreword ones! I think they should be in a catagory all their own!! :D

Gingee.....no hump on the Vision. :D

Archived