Valor S. Caribbean in February - Temps?

ldlewis45

Has anyone done the Valor Southern Caribbean cruise out of San Juan in early February? Are the temperatures very warm? I am considering booking the 2/2/14 cruise, since it's an excellent price, but I get cold easily. I don't want to take it if I'm going to be stuck inside whenever the ship is moving.

What is warm to you? That is pretty subjective.

Very warm to me is being able to sit outside in the sun during the day while the ship is moving and be able to comfortably wear a short-sleeved shirt and shorts or a swimsuit. I can tolerate it if I'm comfortable in a light jacket while in the sun, but if it's cooler than that, I don't want to waste my money.

Very warm to me is being able to sit outside in the sun during the day while the ship is moving and be able to comfortably wear a short-sleeved shirt and shorts or a swimsuit. I can tolerate it if I'm comfortable in a light jacket while in the sun, but if it's cooler than that, I don't want to waste my money.

You'll be close to the equator. Avoid any windy areas and you'll be fine. There is a reson why winter cruises are still very popular.

Has anyone done the Valor Southern Caribbean cruise out of San Juan in early February? Are the temperatures very warm? I am considering booking the 2/2/14 cruise, since it's an excellent price, but I get cold easily. I don't want to take it if I'm going to be stuck inside whenever the ship is moving.

I've been on a Valentine week cruise in 2011, I recall the temps as warm (to me). The Valor itinerary has only 1 sea day and 5 port calls. All of the islands are closer to the equator than San Juan. Most of the time you will be on the islands moving around. Lazing around on the ship will be minimal; well....depending on what you prefer of course.

Edited by hirent

It is always hot in the caribbean. At least 80 year round, probably mid 80s that time of year in SJU and surrounding islands. It is very refreshing to have the breezes blowing when the ship is moving because frankly, when you are parked and not moving, it gets really hot and stagnant on the ship in outside areas. The water is always warm so the breeze will usually not be too chilly. Nothing to worry about.

It will be nice and warm outside. You still need to bring some type of sweater/light jacket. Inside areas with air conditioning are typically set by men.

LOL....I literally LOL'd.

If I could change 5 things about women - one of them would be to lower their desired room temperature.

I have friends going on this cruise. They cruise this week every year with a cruise critic group of friends. It is Superbowl and they say its a great time watching the game on the big screen on the Lido. I wanted to go so bad but needed to go a few weeks earlier since my kids are cruising with me and we needed to go during their school break.

They always had great weather. I'd go in a heartbeat.

So happy you didn't ask what the weather would be that exact week. Some people ask that question and think we have some crystal ball in our heads.

How was the weather last week in the Bahamas for you?

The Bahamas were great. The sea day was a tad cool, but it was tolerable, so I just sat outside in my jeans and a fleece jacket and got a but of sunburn on my face.

It will be nice and warm outside.

You still need to bring some type of sweater/light jacket.

Inside areas with air conditioning are typically set by men.

They're also set a bit on the cool side

as a means to help suppression of nasty germs that spread easily!

But yes, the air-con inside the ship can be on the nippy side: my wife complains constantly!

I have to set our cabin temp. way up into the red zone..

Girls do like it warmer than the boys do. :)

Outside temps will be quite pleasant.

December, January and February are the most pleasant months of the year

down in this neck of the woods.

You'll be fine, plus Dry Season (blue skies, little or no rain) will be underway by then.

The temperatures are going to be comfortable, not too hot but not too cool. Adjust your cabin temp and have a light sweater for the dining room and you will have a great time. If you book, I will see you on board! Don't forget to join our roll call if you do decide to book. :D :cool: