Water on board the ship...or bring my own

maddox_mama

Lugging distilled water would be useless, However if you are into mineral water or spring water for the taste I'd say bring it because the water on the ship is absolutely tasteless!

Tasteless because it's filtered. I have a Zero filter at home, my water tastes flat.

As for taking water off at ports, I've yet to be at a port where there has not been a vendor selling really ice cold water at $1. No lugging for me.

I think people forget how water from place to place differs and they've simply gotten used to their taste at their home or town.

I love my Brita water bottles! I travel a lot, and it's really nice having water that consistently tastes the "same".

Big enough mouth on the bottle to add ice, and the filter is easy enough to take out to add flavourings, if wanted.

Sent from my HTC One using Forums mobile app

I rarely drink water at home, we are on a well, and well, I have no idea what may be in it. The water on the ship taste fine and as others have said it is probably better than some of the bottled water. We do buy a water from the ship on the way out on excursions. The price isn't the best but it beats lugging a case of water on board.

We are traveling in two weeks to Miami to get on the Breeze for 8 days. The last two times we cruised I HAULED water and soda on board. The soda is a given, we prefer Coke Zero and they usually don't have that.

My question to all is, do you drink the water on board or bring your own? I only drink filtered water at home. I have read that the water on the ship is filtered....can you tell?

Any help would be appreciated. I would rather not carry on water if I don't have to.

My son who only ever drinks Dasni water had no problem with drinking the water on the ship. He mostly went to the bar and asked for water and they gave him a big glass of water with ice.

My son who only ever drinks Dasni water had no problem with drinking the water on the ship. He mostly went to the bar and asked for water and they gave him a big glass of water with ice.

Does he realize Dasani is bottled munincipal water?

I must be the exception (or maybe it's psychological) but I found the water on the Dream to have an after-taste ~ I just used lemon or added one of those Lipton Ice tea packs that our steward left us and problem solved.

In all actuality it is probably the lack of taste that is throwing your brain off.