How to book restaurants for party of 8

Sunshine101

Sorry for the silly question but need a bit of help. We have a party of 8 and it is split into 4 different cruise reservations. The family has decided for simplicity to let me go ahead and pre-book shows and dinners at the restaurants.

So when I go to book a speciality restaurant, I can select for a party of 8 but then pay the full price for all 8 upfront, right? I guess there is no way to book for a party of 8 but split the cost amongst the 4 different reservation #'s?

And what happens if we end up cancelling the reservation that I've paid for on my credit card?

Thanks for the help - never done this before with a larger group. :)

Sorry for the silly question but need a bit of help. We have a party of 8 and it is split into 4 different cruise reservations. The family has decided for simplicity to let me go ahead and pre-book shows and dinners at the restaurants.

So when I go to book a speciality restaurant, I can select for a party of 8 but then pay the full price for all 8 upfront, right? I guess there is no way to book for a party of 8 but split the cost amongst the 4 different reservation #'s?

And what happens if we end up cancelling the reservation that I've paid for on my credit card?

Thanks for the help - never done this before with a larger group. :)

Actually, if this isn't a holiday or anything special, I'd wait until you're onboard. If you go immediately, or soon after boarding it's very likely you'll have no problems making the reservations. You may need to make them for non-busy time but a little flexibility goes a long way.

The alternative is to call NCL and they'll do it for you without too much fuss, however, you'll have to pay for all, up front which is why I suggested just waiting.

Enjoy you cruise :)

Thanks for the info. We're sailing right over Xmas, I wonder if it will be extra busy onboard and might limit our chances of getting what reservations we want?

How easy is it to book onboard? Do you go right to the restaurant to do it (like one person could go for the whole party?)

How easy is it to book onboard? Do you go right to the restaurant to do it (like one person could go for the whole party?)

Very easy, you can either visit a restaurant reservations desk (usually by the guest services, usually open from 8am to 5pm or something similar - and also on many ships there is a mobile desk by the buffet) or you can call restaurant reservations desk from any ship phone (usually extension 050 while onboard). Also we haven't had any problems making reservations for more people than in our cabin so one person making one big reservation for all in travelling party should be no problem at all.

Edited by Demonyte