Cabin Under Lido Buffet

Andoria

I'm cruising with my parents on the Splendor at the end of April. My father booked a balcony room (8362) and if I'm reading the deck plans correctly, that's smack dab under the buffet. I'm guessing it will be noisy?

I told my parents that I would ask the experts here before I called and switched rooms. Should I switch rooms?

I'm cruising with my parents on the Splendor at the end of April. My father booked a balcony room (8362) and if I'm reading the deck plans correctly, that's smack dab under the buffet. I'm guessing it will be noisy?

I told my parents that I would ask the experts here before I called and switched rooms. Should I switch rooms?

I would never book under the buffet or galley or the pool deck. Too much noise especially during the night as they prepare or clean for the next day.

My rule of thumb is to always book a cabin that has other cabins above and below......

Changed it as soon as possible. Its very noisy at all times.

Depends on how light of a sleeper you are. DD and myself are DEAD TO THE WORLD, once our heads hit the pillow. And then there is DH, who hears a feather fall to the ground:rolleyes::rolleyes: lol If you are at all worried about the noise, I would definitely change cabins. Good Luck!!!!!

My First cruise i was under one of the bars it got loud at time. i now know better.

We were over a nightclub on the Glory and that's what made me interested in checking the location of the cabin.

Thanks for all of your opinions. I'll call next Friday when I visit my parents to see if I can change rooms.

Depends on how light of a sleeper you are. DD and myself are DEAD TO THE WORLD, once our heads hit the pillow. And then there is DH, who hears a feather fall to the ground:rolleyes::rolleyes: lol If you are at all worried about the noise, I would definitely change cabins. Good Luck!!!!!

My dad can fall asleep in an instant and his hearing is going. My mother and I need the stars aligned just right before we nod off. A loud cabin won't work.

I would never book under the buffet or galley or the pool deck. Too much noise especially during the night as they prepare or clean for the next day.

My rule of thumb is to always book a cabin that has other cabins above and below......

I agree and follow this rule myself. I would change cabins ASAP.

Once, as part of a group, we were assigned a cabin under the lido deck (by the pool area). All day and into the night, we could hear chairs scraping the wood deck over our heads. Like fingernails on a chalkboard!

For our upcoming cruise, I had originally booked a balcony cabin that overlooked the lanai deck on the Dream and it was near one of the hot tubs that hangs over the deck below. The more I thought about it, the more concerned I became about the noise factor possibly ruining our cruise. Rebooked another cabin in the front with the Spa overhead (closed at night) and cabins under us.

Bottom line: if you are concerned about noise/privacy/etc...rebook another cabin. Vacation time is precious!