Jeans on Formal Night

mollynmax

I just came back from the emergency room and can not wear a shoe on my right foot as my foot is wrapped in an ankle support!!!!!!!! Also on crutches that I am having difficulty learning how to use.:eek: I hope I am the execption to the rule.:confused:

Thank goodness I an not hosting Thanksgiving dinner!! Can not put weight on it until I see the Doctor next week. No joke! DH is TRYING to cook dinner!:eek:

I just came back from the emergency room and can not wear a shoe on my right foot as my foot is wrapped in an ankle support!!!!!!!! Also on crutches that I am having difficulty learning how to use.:eek: I hope I am the execption to the rule.:confused:

Thank goodness I an not hosting Thanksgiving dinner!! Can not put weight on it until I see the Doctor next week. No joke! DH is TRYING to cook dinner!:eek:

Wear proper footwear on your good foot and you will be fine.

Dress code aside - when you wear crutches (especially when first learning how to use them) you need to wear good, solid, closed toe/heel shoes for support.

Dress code aside - when you wear crutches (especially when first learning how to use them) you need to wear good, solid, closed toe/heel shoes for support.

Thanks for the advice, I just crawled back from the bathroom.:mad: This is not fun!

It is absurd to suggest that clothing dictates behavior.

Agree! Pretty much like saying cruise line dictates class, but it has been said. I am sure there has never been a case where someone wearing a tux acting like a donkey:D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Edited by Blk_Amish

Different cruise lines have different standards. On Carnival especially out of Galveston I think a Texan in pressed jeans and shirt with cowboy boots would not be out of place in any formal event.

I have been to many formal events ex Texas that requires "black tie" and yes they ware jeans shirt, cowboy boots a black shoestring tie thing (sorry I do not know the name) and they look lovely, so smart and well groomed.

Just to add my hubby wears the full monty DJ.

These are what I would consider casual sandals. I would never even consider wearing them to a decent restaurant or event. None of my suits come from Sears or any department store. Likewise none of them are machine washable. In fact, my collection of dress attire costs more than my current car. You have some nerve assuming my suits are poly blends - especially when I am the one saying sandals and jeans shouldn't be allowed! You are all proud of your hubby for not knowing yhow to dress like a gentleman. Whatever floats your boat.

You threw the first punch, Tex.

Everyone has their priorities.

Carnival judges our attire sufficient to dine in the MDR on Elegant night... why can't you leave us in peace?

Hubby wears suits 5 days a week, 50 weeks a year... can't get him to put on the hangman's noose while on a laid back Carnival cruise. LOL

We are from Florida... styles differ.

No popcorn needed here folks, move along. :)

You threw the first punch, Tex.

Everyone has their priorities.

Carnival judges our attire sufficient to dine in the MDR on Elegant night... why can't you leave us in peace?

Hubby wears suits 5 days a week, 50 weeks a year... can't get him to put on the hangman's noose while on a laid back Carnival cruise. LOL

We are from Florida... styles differ.

No popcorn needed here folks, move along. :)

So leave the ties at home. Or ditch the jacket. Or go for a tux. Just anything but shorts.

OMG this is hilarious. I can just see some lady hobbling around in one high heel, a cast and not knowing how to properly use crutches. Sounds like a good way to ensure a second cast and a seat in a wheely chair. :p

OMG this is hilarious. I can just see some lady hobbling around in one high heel, a cast and not knowing how to properly use crutches. Sounds like a good way to ensure a second cast and a seat in a wheely chair. :p

Yep, that is currently me!!!!!! Almost broke my neck trying to use the darn things!! I am scooting on my butt, or walking on my knees to get around.

DH made hotdogs and mac and cheese for dinner......it was delicious!

If I were currently on a cruise, the heels, or heel would NOT be happening. And the wheelchair sounds good.:)