Carnival cruise "build a bear" help needed

Tsquaredplus6

I was reading a post recently regarding a mother who's husband lost her daughters dolphin, that was only available on their cruise. I have a similar problem. On one if our family cruises, we made a dog during the "build a bear" session at camp carnival, for my 3 y/o son. "Abby" quickly became one of the family, going EVERYWHERE with us...until recently. She is NO where to be found, and my Ben has been asking for her. If anyone is cruising soon, I would love it if you would help out a desperate mom--carnival's customer service was absolutely NO help to me. When I asked them abt purchasing a replacement, I was told that they are only for purchase on the boat. So being that we are not cruising anytime soon, I would appreciate anyone's help in getting another "Abby" for my son....

I have no reason to build a bear, so my concept is the bears/dogs are custom built (at least that's how our local store advertises). So you need to post a picture, right? Or is an on board build a bear class have everyone make the exact same thing?

Yes. There are lots of animals to choose from. At least a better description...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

I just went to "Google Images" for Build a bear/dogs and tons of pics came up for a variety of dogs. Which one does your son have?

Next ....I went to the website for Build a Bear, where you can order on line. They are the SAME ones. Did you go to their website and look? Some are very, very inexpensive and on sale for Christmas.

Just want to wish you luck...:o So sad when a child loses his favorite toy.:(

I was reading a post recently regarding a mother who's husband lost her daughters dolphin, that was only available on their cruise. I have a similar problem. On one if our family cruises, we made a dog during the "build a bear" session at camp carnival, for my 3 y/o son. "Abby" quickly became one of the family, going EVERYWHERE with us...until recently. She is NO where to be found, and my Ben has been asking for her. If anyone is cruising soon, I would love it if you would help out a desperate mom--carnival's customer service was absolutely NO help to me. When I asked them abt purchasing a replacement, I was told that they are only for purchase on the boat. So being that we are not cruising anytime soon, I would appreciate anyone's help in getting another "Abby" for my son....

So sorry your son's best friend was lost. I see you have lots of offers to help. I don't sail until next May. My daughter had a favorite like that and we couldn't go anywhere without it. Hers was sold at a grocery store as a promotion. I got lucky and found another one at a flea market as a backup. We still have both and she is 19 and still takes it back and forth to college (SHHH :p) I think it is still her reminder of home.

• 1 month later...

Well, my friend recently went on a 3-day carnival cruise, but for whatever reason, there was no build-a-bear session. I attached a couple of pictures of "Abby". As you can see, she is light beige in color, with an off-white face and dk brown floppy ears and nose. Again, if anyone is cruising soon and does not mind helping me obtain an "Abby", please let me know!! Thanks!!

image.jpg.d4f6444ab04c642e5cd39f6c2d38ed40.jpg

Edited by Tsquaredplus6
Add another pic.

• 2 weeks later...

Ms Gayle, Yes! I am still need of your assistance with obtaining the build-a-bear dog that my son lost. I hope you were able to see the pictures that I posted of what Abby looks like. Not sure how to privately give you my information so as to not share with the rest of the cruising community...

This message is for "<3 2 Cruise" and for "Olderfle"...I have contacted Carnival to see if either one of your cruises will have the camp carnival build-a-bear session on your cruise, but not one carnival rep seemed to know the answer. I am hoping that one of your cruises will have this activity (usually on the last day at sea). Please feel free to contact me (call or text) at 706-593-1221. Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No. I didn't :( Miss Gayle tried, but for whatever reason, they didn't have the bear building activity on her cruise. But I did find the facebook page for "The Bear Factory"--the supplier for the build-a-bear activity for Carnival. And if you check out the following link, there is a great picture of "Abby". She is on the bottom shelf between the monkey and the cream colored bear.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=548561745196690&set=pb.547672821952249.-2207520000.1392346787.&type=3&theater

My heart tells me Miss Gayle will not give up on finding my Ben his "friend"...Not sure when you are sailing on the Magic, but any help would be appreciated!!!!

HUGE Thanks!!