Eataly Shots from Divina

Kelownabccan

I would not pay to sit in there. It looks more like a shop than a restaurant. One of the MDRs would be a far more attractive option.

Thanks for the photos.

I can't imagine what they were thinking of. Do Americans like things like that? I can imagine however that if I had accidentally made a reservation there without seeing it first, I would take one look and walk away. It is not a place to be seen at.

I would not pay to sit in there. It looks more like a shop than a restaurant. One of the MDRs would be a far more attractive option.

Thanks for the photos.

I can't imagine what they were thinking of. Do Americans like things like that? I can imagine however that if I had accidentally made a reservation there without seeing it first, I would take one look and walk away. It is not a place to be seen at.

What you can't see is a beautifully appointed small restaurant area to the right of it where you can sit and enjoy a set meal at a fair price. This area is for a pizza snack and to sample the Italian cuisines from different regions.

I don't know why everyone is so down on Eataly. Especially as the majority haven't even seen it live. And of those who have seen it live I think there are only three of them on these boards who have actually been in and eaten there.

Strange. Almost like rubbishing a cruise line without actually setting foot on it....

What you can't see is a beautifully appointed small restaurant area to the right of it where you can sit and enjoy a set meal at a fair price. This area is for a pizza snack and to sample the Italian cuisines from different regions.

Is pizza offered anywhere else on the ship without extra charges?

Pizza is available free in the Buffet 24 hours a day ... :)

The eataly place looks like a hallway with tables and chairs inside it! i don`t think it is the tables and chairs that puts people off eating there.

Moomoocow ... the small place you mention is to the Left of the Steakhouse where you can gain access to the corridor near the photographs. This place was also rarely seen with anyone in it.

The Galaxy seemed to have more people in it of an evening, Brunch prices were $59, $39 and $25 do not have the prices for the evening.

Thanks for the photos, nice to see how they have done it on the MSC Divina. It's totally different on the new MSC Preziosa but the chairs are the same. However, the two first photos are from the combined wine and pizzabar La Cantina di Bacco. Had a great pizza there on our 11 days Canary Island cruise last March.

Here are a couple of photos from Ristorante Italia on the Preziosa:

DSC02118_zps9995b56a.jpg

Main course:

DSC02121_zps1b5fff24.jpg

Thanks for the photos.

It looks very similar to the immensely popular Eataly in NYC. So yes, Americans like things like that.

Thanks for the photos. Can't wait to try it next week.

NC 73 ... Divina is the same as the picture you posted though Andre the ED told us that they were going to replace the chairs which are part of the Eataly corporate design due to complaints about them.

We never tried them out so no idea how good or bad they are.

On the Divina the white table cloth area is quite small....only 5 tables for 4 with a few pictures on the wall.....for an exclusive restaurant for $34 each plus wine or drink charges not really much there.. one appy, one entry,one dessert..perhaps the food is really good but a nice steak is now available everyday in the main dinning rooms and cooked to your pleasure....and you can have as many appys and desserts as you want.....and where are the tables for two for an intimate dinner with your favorite person??

187623754_Atsea023(960x1280).jpg.1b25e7293223da0fdd2cb848c518fe70.jpg

1160271734_Atsea024(1280x960).jpg.258b2370d4ccb75c9a3a923159578cc2.jpg

They had it 2nd day I think......free samples of Eataly /steakhouse menu items, free bites...both in Eataly restaurant and in one of the lounges...it was listed in the daily sheet.....at about 4 PM I think?

I was in the hot tub and did not want to leave the pool solarium area LOL

I did check out Eataly - no need to buy upsell food as food on buffet and dining room was outstanding......the area looked cool tho , very Euro modern

To each their own....upsell stuff does not bother me as long as the included product is good ....in this case it was IMHO