Carnival Dream

Midwestgal

My niece had decided to go on their first cruise along with 2 other families, kids are all between 5 & 9 . She asked me to recommend a ship on Carnival due to the smoking rules on the balcony so Royals Allure was out. I recommend the Dream , I have never sailed her but I know they wanted a Florida port and for some reason I thought Dream is a more Family ship.

What do you guys think ? Am I overlooking a better family ship?

Thanks!

Nothing wrong with Dream at all. Plenty to do. Some here are going to say other ships because of 2.0 having a Guy burger place, burritos, extra bars now in place.

If I'm picking up a silent message here, if a ship has 2.0 and a Guy burger joint, ( I would not want to do it again). No Lido areas to enjoy our habit. If I misinterpereted the meaning of the RCCL thingy, forget I said anything.

Re reading and see you are heading out on Liberty soon. That was the ship I was on with 2.0, had no warning we'd be put out to the elements in a makeshift area. By now there has to be a more permanent area, haven't read of too many complaints. We had a balcony thank heaven.

i went on the dream with my 4 and 6 yr old. the dream has deluxe ocean view rooms 6m, 6l, 6n. we stayed in 2 connecting 6m rooms on the riviera deck and loved it. these rooms are great for family's. they have a normal bathroom with shower. but they also have another bathroom that has no toilet but has a sink and a small bath tub which you can also take a shower in. so basically each room has 1 toilet, 2-sinks, and 2- showers with one in a small tub. the rooms are also bigger 230sf compared to 185sf. the dream has a water park. i didn't care for the layout of the ship and prefer the smaller boats especially the spirit class boats. our dining room was the scarlet restaurant in the aft of the boat. what i didn't like is that the dining rooms are on the 3 lobby deck with the galley stretching between the 2 dining rooms. so if you have dinner at the aft of the boat in the scarlet dining room you can't walk from the front of the boat on the lobby deck to the dining room. you have to go one deck up or one deck down walk past the galley and then go back to the lobby deck to the dining room. so it has its pluses and minuses as every ship does.

not sure when they're sailing on Dream, but soon Dream won't be leaving out of Port Canaveral. They'll have a new home and I think but not sure it's in New Orleans.

Liberty will have a new home in Port Canaveral. That one I can't wait.

Been on Dream Feb 2013, great ship, booked on Dream again in Jan 2014 with a hopefully better cd.

not sure when they're sailing on Dream, but soon Dream won't be leaving out of Port Canaveral. They'll have a new home and I think but not sure it's in New Orleans.

Been on Dream Feb 2013, great ship, booked on Dream again in Jan 2014 with a hopefully better cd.

Are you on the January 18th Sailing??? :o

I believe the Dream moves to NOLA in April 2014.

The last cruise for the Dream out of Port Canaveral is April 5, 2014, and it is a repositioning cruise. 9 days and disembarks in New Orleans. We have been considering that cruise, because we have family close to Port O, to stay with before the cruise, and then good friends living close to NOLA to visit with after the cruise. Just waiting to see how some finances work out after the first of the year to determine if we have the funds to make it happen.

Re reading and see you are heading out on Liberty soon. That was the ship I was on with 2.0, had no warning we'd be put out to the elements in a makeshift area. By now there has to be a more permanent area, haven't read of too many complaints. We had a balcony thank heaven.

I'm reading Dream now has a decent sized smoking area up a deck from Lido. Not sure when it started or why.