Just got Back from Carnival... Is Disney worth it?

firstcruiseever

And some of us have reached Platinum status with Disney and become disappointed and bored. Same shows, over and over and over....."free" soda?? That's the biggest joke I've ever heard, when you pay so much more for a cruise.

NOTHING for adults to do at night, unless you enjoy seeing the CM's dress in 60's clothes and dance around.....

Almost NO activities for anyone over the age of 13.

And that issue of other people complaining about being nickeled and dimed to death on other cruise lines? A load of baloney. NO ONE HAS TO PAY for anything they don't want.

Hi Miz! I like ya, but I don't have to agree with ya. Thats totally ok too because i respect your opinion of your experience the same way I would hope others would mine. (Sorta like some people like olives, some don't?) However, even if they call it adults only, it's right there on the main pool deck in the middle of the day not far from the ice cream and grill.

I dont pay more for even if they constantly try to upsell, so yes that is my choice buy I still get constantly sold to like an infomercial and I'm tired of constantly turning them away and just frankly bored on CCL. With only one DCL, I'm SO ready to be bored by DCL! Can't wait for May!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Edited by TwinPrincessMermaids

I will be sailing on DCL the first time tis November. Ice sailed on

NCL many times and Carnival this pat November. I can tell you that Carnival was the first cruise I was happy to have it over with. So boring and blah. Never again.

Well that seems to be a big thing with you...money.

Considering that this is what the OP asked in post #1:

Is Disney worth it? It is twice the amount of Carnival of an equivalent itinerary (and then some on some trips). We LOVE cruising, but Carnival is just not for us... Will Disney make a big difference?

Then yes, I guess it IS about money. :p