FTTF Worth it?

mark316

Can anyone tell me the process with FTTF in MIA Port? I think I have seen somewhere about a door on the side of the building for VIP and FTTF. Is this the place to go when arriving at the port to check in?

Sounds like it can work great unless there is a dreaded delay at the MIA port, then it sounds like you can get stuck sitting outside for a period of time. Does this only apply if there are no more seats in the VIP seating area?

We are looking at getting to the pier about 10-10:30am.

Thanks.

I didn't notice a separate door or entry when we got to the terminal. Just be sure that your checked luggage shows the FttF on the tags and the porters should attach a bright orange tag to it for priority handlng. (I tipped him $5 when they started to take our bags...and another $5 when he saw the FttF on the tags and asked me to point out which ones were ours so he could tag them. :) )

Then you go inside. Your boarding pass(es) will show FttF on it -- I recommend printing the passes and your luggage tags in color for this reason. As soon as you encounter a Carnival employee just show them the pass with FttF and they'll expedite you to the VIP check-in line. You'll get a Priority/FttF boarding placard and board immediately after Diamond and Platinum cruisers.

You shouldn't have an issue with finding a seat inside unless you get there right before boarding starts AND and everyone showed up early...which doesn't usually happen thanks to Carnival's "don't get there before 1 pm" emails. :)

I am also interested to hear details about FTTF embarkation process at port of MIA-

^^ There ya go. :)

• 1 month later...

We had FTTF for our Glory cruise the week of Christmas. We arrived a the port at 10:30. Once at the port the porter put the special tags saying FTTF on the luggage. (NOTE: I don't know if this was just our porter or not...we had a case of water and had a luggage tag taped to it so we couold check it. He said we could not and that they do not check cases of water any longer). We went right into the terminal and into the FTTF line. There were two other families in the other line, we were called first. Once we had our S&S cards we waited about 45 minutes. Once called we went right to our cabin and dropped our carry ons and was on the lido having lunch 11:45. After lunch on our way back to our cabin we noticed our luggage along with many others in front of the elevator on our deck. There was a porter and he heard my son point out our luggage. The porter offered to dig them out and take the luggage to our cabin. We were unpacked, ironed and put away before muster.

We also decided to get the FTTF because we were going to GC and tendering was not to start until 10am, it was a short port day. We were told to meet in the atrium lobby at 10am, there were about 20 of us. A crew member took us right down to a tender...no waiting no lines. Also a few times we went to custmer service and the line was long. We went right to the FTTF and was waited on next. I found that it was worth the cost to us and will probably purchase it again.