MDR dining times

luv2vacation

Does anyone know what the times are for the MDR on the Fantasia from Venice? I read somewhere it is 7:00 and 9:30 (19:00 and 21:30). Does that sound right? Also, does MSC offer anytime dining? Thanks!

That sounds very right for MSC in Med-mode. If you have a late port departure things may slip 30 mins later than these times.

There is talk of experiments of anytime dining in the MDRs on some ships but don't count on it. There is anytime dining in the buffet and traditional dining in the MDRs.

Edited by Skipper Tim

Does anyone know what the times are for the MDR on the Fantasia from Venice? I read somewhere it is 7:00 and 9:30 (19:00 and 21:30). Does that sound right? Also, does MSC offer anytime dining? Thanks!

The dining times for Mediterranean sailings are 7pm and 9:30pm.

Best,

• 4 months later...
The dining times for Mediterranean sailings are 7pm and 9:30pm.

Best,

Has this information changed? I have read some recent reviews that said the dining times are 6:15 and 8:45. They were on a sailing in the Mediterranean for the same ship and itinerary I will be taking. When I booked I was not given a choice of dining times and was automatically assigned to the early seating. I can live with 7 pm but 6:15 is just too early for us. I would like to change it before I get on the ship.

For my winter med sailing in March on Fantasia from Genoa I booked the late sitting 8.45 but once on board I found both dinner sittings had been changed and late was 8.15 which I much preferred

Thanks for the reply. I would like 8:15 PM too. I think I will try to change to the late seating. I don't think we will be ready to eat at 6:15.

We were 9pm on our recent Armonia repositioning trip.

8.45 to 9.15 are the usual for summer Med sailings.

I don't understand why you were not given a choice for expressing tour preference for sitting and table size. I've also been able to do this regardless of whether I booked with a TA or directly with MSC. It is unlikely to be as early as 8.15 as that is winter timing.

The thing with MSC is that you can't do really precise planning ahead. Things are not always as previously advised. Just because you get told it's going to be 8.45, it may turn out to be 9.00 when you get onboard. It is rarely hugely different, but it's best to be prepared to go with the flow and take minor changes in your stride.

We were 9pm on our recent Armonia repositioning trip.

8.45 to 9.15 are the usual for summer Med sailings.

I don't understand why you were not given a choice for expressing tour preference for sitting and table size. I've also been able to do this regardless of whether I booked with a TA or directly with MSC. It is unlikely to be as early as 8.15 as that is winter timing.

The thing with MSC is that you can't do really precise planning ahead. Things are not always as previously advised. Just because you get told it's going to be 8.45, it may turn out to be 9.00 when you get onboard. It is rarely hugely different, but it's best to be prepared to go with the flow and take minor changes in your stride.

AmoMondo - You always have such good info and advice. It is very much appreciated!

I don't know why I wasn't offered a choice of dinner times. I booked online and the early time was the only option. When I read that the times were 7:00 and 9:30 I figured I would just work with the 7:00 time even though we usually prefer the late seating.

Now I see that the early time will be 6:15. I don't want to miss our sail away from Venice. Do you remember how long it took for the ship to reach the St. Marks area when leaving from this port?

It's not long to sail past St Mark's, say 10-15 minutes, but it is worth watching the entire journey which is both memorable and magical. I've seen it several times but would still make a point of being on port side for sailaway.

Just because you were. Ot asked for your preference, contact them and tell them you wish to be on second. It will save wasting time on embarkation day waiting to see the Maître D to get switched to second.

It's not long to sail past St Mark's, say 10-15 minutes, but it is worth watching the entire journey which is both memorable and magical. I've seen it several times but would still make a point of being on port side for sailaway.

Just because you were. Ot asked for your preference, contact them and tell them you wish to be on second. It will save wasting time on embarkation day waiting to see the Maître D to get switched to second.

I just made the request. Thank you for the advice!

We were very surprised on our Fantasia sailing last week that dinner times were so early. We had requested the early seating and based on past experience on other ships had expected it to be at 19:00 or 19:30, so 18:15 was much earlier than anticipated. We did not miss the sail out of Venice though. It took about an hour to get out of the lagoon, so we still had 15 minutes to go to our restaurant.

We were very surprised on our Fantasia sailing last week that dinner times were so early. We had requested the early seating and based on past experience on other ships had expected it to be at 19:00 or 19:30, so 18:15 was much earlier than anticipated. We did not miss the sail out of Venice though. It took about an hour to get out of the lagoon, so we still had 15 minutes to go to our restaurant.

I requested a change from early to late dining but it isn't a guarantee. I am glad to hear I won't miss the sail away from Venice if I get the early one. How did the early seating work out for you at the other ports? The ship leaves Katakolon at 19:00. Did you have to cut your plans short in that port to make it to dinner?

Edited by luv2vacation

I requested a change from early to late dining but it isn't a guarantee. I am glad to hear I won't miss the sail away from Venice if I get the early one. How did the early seating work out for you at the other ports? The ship leaves Katakolon at 19:00. Did you have to cut your plans short in that port to make it to dinner?

Now I wish I had my daily program on hand, but I could swear we left Katakolon well before dinner. In fact, I watched some people run to the ship and then saw us pull away. The same goes for Corfu.

Our table was right against one of the large glass windows at the back of the buffet restaurant, which they use as additional dining room at night. And we were always out in the open sea when we arrived there.