Is Xmas day dressy ?

JustinCornell

We're travelling as a group in 4 separate cabins on the Sun over Xmas/New Year. Normally we like to dress up on Xmas day for dinner (thinking suit for gents and cocktail dresses for the ladies)...Having previously sailed on Cunard pretty much exclusively, where Xmas Day is usually formal (i.e. Black Tie) will we be over-dressed on Xmas Day do you think ?

We're travelling as a group in 4 separate cabins on the Sun over Xmas/New Year. Normally we like to dress up on Xmas day for dinner (thinking suit for gents and cocktail dresses for the ladies)...Having previously sailed on Cunard pretty much exclusively, where Xmas Day is usually formal (i.e. Black Tie) will we be over-dressed on Xmas Day do you think ?

I think probably the best way to look at it is, as "Powriv" says "It is your cruise!!" and you can dress the way you want. Don't worry about being over-dressed, if it's what makes you happy and is part of your Christmas Holiday then do it, your way.

Really there is no right or wrong as long as you abide by the dress code then you're fine. Casual / Resort Casual may be the minimum but it's not the max. You'll see many others dressed up too.

Enjoy your cruise, your way :)

I've sailed at Christmas and did find some did dress up a little just like you might do while relaxed at home. Lots of men has "Santa" ties, etc. Several passengers had Christmas sweaters (lightweight). Suits and cocktails dresses would also be appropriate. It's Freestyle so you can go with whatever you are comfortable with.