increased taxes?

spunky123

Can anyone help me with this question? I booked a cruise on Oceania's Regatta. I paid in full with my credit card. The cruise agent called me today to inform me that Oceania increased their government taxes and it is their right to do this. She said this can happen at any time. Originally I was charged in addition to the cabin 399.00 port charges, 134.00 airline taxes, 159.98 transfers and 79.00 per person in government taxes which I was informed were increased to 266.00 per person. The crusie was booked through 7-blue sea cruises. This doesn't seem right to me in that I have cruised more than 14 times and never had this experience. Any suggestions?

Guest Jancruz

Who called you..something is rotten in Denmark..could be bait and switch...or the agency could have made an error when they quoted you.... if you are paid in full..I would definitely insist the agency pay the difference..their mistake..

Jan:)

If anyone can help, I need some clarification. Based on this post, additional fees of $772 (prior to extra add-ons) were added to the original cruise fare. Am I to assume that the 2 for 1 fares plus free air are not as good a deal as they appear to be? Thank you.

sounds like the travel agency goofed in their addition to me.. if someone added that much to a cruise I had booked and paid for..then I would probably cancel and rebook elsewhere.

Or at least call another company and see what the price "should" be.. doesn't sound like the ta is being very honest ..

Guest Jancruz

Lora, You have to clarify your question..was this an original invoice before the deposit..after the deposit..after final payment??

JanCruz-

My question was based on Spunky123's original post. I added up all the port taxes, airplane taxes, orignal gov't fees, etc. and it totaled $722. If all that is correct, then Oceania's 2 for 1, air included fares are not as reasonabe as they appear to be when you have to add an additional fees of $722 plus. Is my assessment correct?

Carol

Guest Jancruz

Carol, yes there are taxes on every cruise but they vary so I cannot tell you if those were correct..Spunky had already paid in full and at that point something is wrong if someone called her and asked for more money..it wasnt how much but when that I was disturbed by..hope this helps..

If anyone can help, I need some clarification. Based on this post, additional fees of $772 (prior to extra add-ons) were added to the original cruise fare. Am I to assume that the 2 for 1 fares plus free air are not as good a deal as they appear to be? Thank you.

The airfare is free but you still have to pay the taxes on the airfare plus port taxes and governement fees.

You are still saving the airfare just not the taxes.

Archived