Live from Barbados....

We are here waiting anxiously for the passage of TS Emily. We are not expected to get the full brunt of the storm but we are still expecting some significant winds and rains. It is schedule to pass about 50 miles to the south of us and maybe a category 1 hurricane by that time.

The island is schedule to shut down at 11:30 today(est) so everyone can get their final preparations completed. This storm has really surprised us and has developed pretty quickly but we are preparing for the worst and hoping for the best.

I am going off now...will let you guys know how everything tutrned out. Say a prayer for us.

We are here waiting anxiously for the passage of TS Emily. We are not expected to get the full brunt of the storm but we are still expecting some significant winds and rains. It is schedule to pass about 50 miles to the south of us and maybe a category 1 hurricane by that time.

The island is schedule to shut down at 11:30 today(est) so everyone can get their final preparations completed. This storm has really surprised us and has developed pretty quickly but we are preparing for the worst and hoping for the best.

I am going off now...will let you guys know how everything tutrned out. Say a prayer for us.

Good Luck Our thoughts are with you!!!!!

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers guys. We really do appreciate them. The latest news is we have been downgraded to a TS storm warning from a Hurricane warning. So that is some good news.

The bad news is that Grenada might not be so lucky and I am praying that they do not get hit again. They still have not recovered from the devastation of Ivan. My prayers are with them.

Southerncaribbean..... MY prayers go out to you and your family .

sgriff17.... snowball and southern are right... I LIVE in Barbados.

Again guys... thanks for all your prayers and I will keep you posted.

southern....are you originally from barbados? whereabouts do your family live? I also have some friends from Grenada and have visited a couple of times(love that nutmeg jam:))

Kevin, am glad you are downgraded to the TS, not a hurricane-you live on a very beautiful island. Prayers are with Grenada & all others that might e in the path of any of the hurricanes. I envy you the pleasure of waking up & seeing your beautiful island every morning!

Thanks again guys...

yes brenchris...it is a beauttiful island and I would not trade it for the world... hurricanes/tropical storms and all. It comes with the territory I guess.:)

jrmafia90... there is no where to go really....except a hurricane shelter and another island is out of the question since one system usually effects most of us.

Things are not expected 2b to bad. right now outside is overcast with a bit of rain, some parts of the island are getting high winds but not very high. All in all it is not looking too bad. The fact that I am still able to send these posts is a sign that things are not bad.

I'll keep u posted

Hi Guys,

Just an update on what is happening. There is still a TS warning in effect for Barbados but the good news is the worst has now passed and there is no longer a hurricane watch in effect for the other islands as they have also been downgraded to a TS warning. There is expeced to be quite a bit of rain starting in another hour or so

So it seems our neighbours will not be hit too hard. This is good news for Grenada especially as they certainly could not have withstood another hit after what Ivan did to them last year.( I am sure southercaribbean will be glad to hear this especially)

As an aside the Carnival Destiny usually spends the whole day in port here on Wednesdays they arrive at about 6 a.m. and usually leaves late evening. They did not do this today instead they just came and dropped off/picked up passengers and sailed again due to the impending bad weather.

Will continue to keep you posted

You and all people that are effected by hurricanes will be in my prayers throughout this hurricane season. We are getting all the rain right now from what is left of Dennis. (we needed the rain so this is the only good thing about it)

Glad to hear that not only have things eased up for you on Aruba, but also on Grenada & the others. What a season this has been already for storms & we are just into the hurricane season. I am going to Florida in Aug. & on another cruise in October, so I hope that all of the storms are gone by then! Anyway, we here will keep all of you in our prayers that the storms to ease up and slow down soon.

Thanks for all your praise and kind words guys. Emily has now passed and there was very little damage... just a few fallen trees and some power lines. No loss of life anywhere thank god.

I believe in our neighbour Grenada the roof of one of their hospitals blew off but again no casualties/injuries.

This is going to be quite a season.

Archived