Brilliance of the Seas 11/16/2013

shaggyofwv

Our first time on a Radiance class ship and I thought she was absolutely beautiful. However, we found that Voyager class ships still remain our favorite.

Our biggest complaint with Brilliance was that the room service was SLOW. It took an average of one hour from order to delivery of the food.

We also like to use room service for breakfast almost every morning and they were usually 30 minutes late brining us breakfast.

Almon, our room attendant, was quiet but professional. He kep the room clean and the ice bucket full. That is all I ask of my room attendants.

Giovanni's Table was MUCH better on Brilliance than when we last ate there on Allure.

Izumi's is ok, but not worth the cover charge AND a la carte pricing. Our bill was over $60. I did love the "call me a cab" margarita with sake.

Chops was as awesome as it always is.

Sergey (from Russia), our waiter in Chops, is the best waiter that we have ever had the pleasure of meeting. He got a WOW card and two nice tips (we ate there twice). I can't get enough of the red velvet cake from Chops. Mmmmmmmmm.

Main dining room was ok. Royal's mdr has never impressed me, but it is decent food.

We did eat breakfast in the mdr one morning and it was a disaster. After waiting 45 minutes for our order the waiter (who was obviously overwhelmed) brought my wife the wrong food. The problem was resolved and we were greeted by some complimentary chocolate covered strawberries upon our return to the stateroom that evening.

Oh, and the tour of the Mayan ruins at Coba was freaking AWESOME!