"LIVE" from Allure of the Seas - December 1, 2013 - Western Caribbean

gpw45

Reading posts about the fountain show on the Allure, this is the first I had heard of it.

Please post times and details.

Thanks, cruising Mar. 2014

Check the Cruise Compass for times. I think the schedule varies. The person on the Eastern itinerary indicated there was a show the last night. There is not one tonight. When I get home I will go through the Cruise Compass and post the schedule. There was another display without music before the scheduled show. So check the schedule and just walk by. I watched one show from aqua theater and one from deck aft balcony.

Gordon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sad to hear it's almost the end of your trip to all who have been live-posting; it's been great following along! It's now the one-week countdown mark for us, can't wait!!

Did any of you eat in the MDR or know regarding the availability of escargot? I know it's listed on the menu most/all nights but I've heard there is a shortage and it isn't always available even when listed on the menu!

Edited by stefani_

Yes the Internet was insanely slow from the middle of Friday afternoon until Saturday afternoon. Not sure what the problem was but it was really annoying.

We are almost packed & will be doing the early departure as we have to get to Miami airport for our flight. I've done it before & hopefully all will go well.

Someone asked about escargot. We ate in the MDR on Thursday, 2nd formal night. It was offered on the menu. Can't say if it's offered every night though.

Someone asked about escargot. We ate in the MDR on Thursday, 2nd formal night. It was offered on the menu. Can't say if it's offered every night though.

Thanks for this info! Have a safe trip home. Thank you for sharing your vacation with us.

We were at the Windjammer for breakfast this morning. No fried eggs, but otherwise it seemed like the normal menu.

We were about 20 minutes late leaving the ship due to back-up at immigration. Then through the Disney-type winding waiting line to get to baggage claim. We found all but one bag, but it was soon located in the lost luggage area. The tag had come off. You might want to put two tags on bags, especially those that have handles on the top and the side. Then another long line to immigration. Once there about 10 seconds to get through. Park and Go shuttle picked us up and took us directly to car. That went well except when the car ahead of us at the cashier overshot the window and about backed into us to get back. Then we had to wait until they paid and got their change. We prepaid and saved about 4$ per day and took about 30 seconds at the cashier. They gave us each an 8-oz bottle of water (not refrigerated).

By the way, I tried to get a banana Saturday afternoon and couldn't find any in any of the restaurants. Actually, Vitality Cafe still had several, but they were reserved for drinks. I didn't see any at breakfast this morning, so I don't know if they were out, or just don't server them after breakfast. At any rate, if you think you will want a banana, better pick it up at breakfast.

I will get organized and will keep posting information here for another few days.

Gordon

The internet speed did improve by late Saturday. But even after 11:00 pm on Friday night, it was absolutely useless.

To make things worse, they charge by clock time connected. While nothing is happening, the meter is still running. Cellular companies charge by amount of data transferred. If cruise lines would do that, it at least would not chew up time while nothing is happening.

Gordon

Sounds like a great week for you! Thank you so much for sharing your week!

A couple questions for you ...

Was is cold on deck at night?

Also ... is there sugar free flavored (not carbonated) water anywhere?

No, it was not at all cold on deck at night (Western itinerary). It could get a little cool indoors in some of the venues, so a sweater would be in order.

The Freestyle Coke machines can dispense flavored non-carbonated water. Select non-carbonated Disani water button, and then select a flavor. The rub is that the machines are only available if you have a soda package. I don't know if other packages include the machine or if you can get flavored water at a bar.

The Freestyle machines can dispense over 100 different flavors. If you haven't seen one at a fast food joint near you, go to http://www.coca-colafreestyle.com/#!/about-the-soda-fountain/ to learn about the machine and find a machine close to you.

If you buy the package online, the CocaCola logo is printed on your setsail pass and you don't have to pay sales tax (but you do have 15% gratuity) If you buy on board while we are still in US waters, you will also contribute 6% sales tax to the state of Florida and have a sticker placed on your card.

The soda package also includes soft drinks at bars, but the machines are so handy. There are 7. Two port side Windjammer, Two starboard side Windjammer, one WipeOut cafe, and 2 next to Sorrento's in Royal Promenade. The ones in Windjammer and WipeOut Cafe are available only while those restaurants are open. The ones near Sorrento's are open 24 hours.

Otherwise you can bring some water on board. They say you can't, but I've never had them take any away from me. Pack them in plastic bags if you don't want flavored clothes (just in case).

Gordon

Not sure how this happened.

I ate more (last one to finish dinner almost every night), didn't skip meals, did not do walking track or fitness center, used elevators more than usual (but the ship IS a lot bigger). Result, down 1 pound from when I left. No, I will not give before and after numbers, they should be lower. I have doctor appointment Thursday. I'm going to catch it then.:eek:

Gordon

No, it was not at all cold on deck at night (Western itinerary). It could get a little cool indoors in some of the venues, so a sweater would be in order.

The Freestyle Coke machines can dispense flavored non-carbonated water. Select non-carbonated Disani water button, and then select a flavor. The rub is that the machines are only available if you have a soda package. I don't know if other packages include the machine or if you can get flavored water at a bar.

The Freestyle machines can dispense over 100 different flavors. If you haven't seen one at a fast food joint near you, go to http://www.coca-colafreestyle.com/#!/about-the-soda-fountain/ to learn about the machine and find a machine close to you.

If you buy the package online, the CocaCola logo is printed on your setsail pass and you don't have to pay sales tax (but you do have 15% gratuity) If you buy on board while we are still in US waters, you will also contribute 6% sales tax to the state of Florida and have a sticker placed on your card.

The soda package also includes soft drinks at bars, but the machines are so handy. There are 7. Two port side Windjammer, Two starboard side Windjammer, one WipeOut cafe, and 2 next to Sorrento's in Royal Promenade. The ones in Windjammer and WipeOut Cafe are available only while those restaurants are open. The ones near Sorrento's are open 24 hours.

Otherwise you can bring some water on board. They say you can't, but I've never had them take any away from me. Pack them in plastic bags if you don't want flavored clothes (just in case).

Gordon

Thanks for answering my questions! I will get the drink package for the SF Water!

We were on this sailing too... Had a great time.

We had the Prem Drink package............It's a great value!

We are D+ but did not have to use the CL lounge or DL. HEard there were 70 Pinnacles families and 900 D+ on board. They Closed the CL at night for HH and had drinks in Dazzles and the Jazz club for suite and D+ guests.

I actually thought the ship was too warm, but I run hot anyway!

Never made it to the happy hour. I'm D+ & was in a suite, but just didn't feel like dealing with the crowd in Dazzles. I heard it was pretty packed.

I have a couple of observations (things that bothered me) & if anyone else was in a suite I hope they let me know their experience. Last year our SR provided pool towels for us, this year ours said we'd have to get them at the pool. The other thing was no more turndown chocolate? Obviously these aren't huge issues - I'm just curious.

Overall it was a great cruise. I definitely felt the ship was more crowded than on any of my previous cruises on the Allure. I've mostly sailed smaller ships this year so that may be why.

It does seem more people are taking advantage of self disembarkation. We left around 6:50 & there was a pretty long line going through customs/immigration. They only had about 3 people working so that may have contributed to the backup.

Never made it to the happy hour. I'm D+ & was in a suite, but just didn't feel like dealing with the crowd in Dazzles. I heard it was pretty packed.

I have a couple of observations (things that bothered me) & if anyone else was in a suite I hope they let me know their experience. Last year our SR provided pool towels for us, this year ours said we'd have to get them at the pool. The other thing was no more turndown chocolate? Obviously these aren't huge issues - I'm just curious.

Overall it was a great cruise. I definitely felt the ship was more crowded than on any of my previous cruises on the Allure. I've mostly sailed smaller ships this year so that may be why.

It does seem more people are taking advantage of self disembarkation. We left around 6:50 & there was a pretty long line going through customs/immigration. They only had about 3 people working so that may have contributed to the backup.

While I realize it doesn't make or break a trip.. They are thing we look forward to receiving! We are staying in a suite and I would prefer not schlepping for our towels going to port and to the pool.

Will most likely do a ""Live" review on our sailing.. It's our kids' first cruise and I hope there are towel animals and choccies for them.. They will get a kick out of it!

Thank you so much for all your postings!!

OMG yes I too thought the ship was too warm.

Overall a great vacation... the staff and ship were great.

I did feel, however, that the generally the other passengers were a bit rude and pushy...just sayin. But find this to be the case on most December sailings...Not sure why.

We had towel animals almost every night. I had left my sunglasses out one night & the towel animal was wearing them. I love it when they do that! Should have taken some pictures.

I agree about the pushiness at times. Silly me - I had forgotten about the Dreamworks parade on the first sea day, & was using the forward elevators to go down to Starbucks. I had to part the sea of people who tried to get in while I was trying to get off. I always joke about teaching an elevator courtesy course on cruises!

]The other thing was no more turndown chocolates.

We took candy miniatures and left them for the cabin attendant. :-)

The last night we split the candy, cokes that we had brought on board and some small toys into 3 bags and gave them to the cabin attendant and dining room table servers. Let's see RCL try to split that among 2500 crew members.

Gordon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk