If I were not upon the sea - no more?!

Ex techie

It was reported on another popular discussion board the "If I were not upon the sea" skit will no longer be performed on any of DCL's ships.

I for one feel that the characters (the Cruise Staff CM's) could have had their persona's mixed up or changed to refresh it after a decade onboard DCL, and a lot lot longer on other lines.

Will anyone on here miss it, or was it something they will not?

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

"Pub Night" has been decreasing over the last several years. I distinctly remember our May 2009 cruise (because of the group we were with), at which time they did "My Bonnie," "Doh-Re-Me" with a beer twist," etc. as well as "If I Were Not." On more recent cruises, the entire pub night consisted of the "If I Were Not..." skit. and that was sometimes canceled when Peter did not want to wear pink.

Sorry to see it go--yes. Surprised, no.

"Pub Night" has been decreasing over the last several years. I distinctly remember our May 2009 cruise (because of the group we were with)' date=' at which time they did "My Bonnie," "Doh-Re-Me" with a beer twist," etc. as well as "If I Were Not." On more recent cruises, the entire pub night consisted of the "If I Were Not..." skit. and that was sometimes canceled when Peter did not want to wear pink.

Sorry to see it go--yes. Surprised, no.[/quote']

Peter the CD?

Sorry but knowing that skit was onboard and he being required to be part of it wearing a pink tutu should be grounds for him to get over himself! :p

ex techie

I hope they do too, but with the characters switched up a bit.

There were complaints apparently onboard and from some on the other board that it was too risqué for some?

ex techie

If that's the case, then those people should just quietly leave the show, and let everyone else enjoy themselves.

I'm sick to death of having to be politically correct all the time, and having to kowtow to please the whiners.

If that's the case, then those people should just quietly leave the show, and let everyone else enjoy themselves.

I'm sick to death of having to be politically correct all the time, and having to kowtow to please the whiners.

Completely agree!

If the tiny minority of those have spoilt it for the vast majority, then that really is a shame!

ex techie

• 2 weeks later...
I don't remember it being on the Fantasy last year, so I guess I won't miss it.:D

I never saw it, but they made such a big deal about it on the other board I had to look it up and found it on youtube. I can honestly say that the humor I recall from my summer camp days was more sophisticated than that. I wouldn't call it offensive, but I was more amused by the people that think it's funny than I was by the skit itself. It really is pretty stupid. I won't be missing it.

When I worked on the Dream we never did it the 2 months I was there. But we did do it on the Wonder, but I will say we only did it once or twice in 5 months, it certainly was not every cruise. The one time I did it we switched ALL the gender roles which made it a LOT more fun!! Actually I seem to remember we did it for a crew party NOT for guests. :rolleyes:

I never saw it, but they made such a big deal about it on the other board I had to look it up and found it on youtube. I can honestly say that the humor I recall from my summer camp days was more sophisticated than that. I wouldn't call it offensive, but I was more amused by the people that think it's funny than I was by the skit itself. It really is pretty stupid. I won't be missing it.

Each to their own I guess?

Maybe being entertained by the cruise staff for a cruise and then seeing them makes it more humorous?

ex techie

I'll miss it. We've enjoyed it many times, but especially in 2012 on the Dream when Trevor added a special little bit to our group. I hope they bring it back some day.

Trevor is such a hoot! He did add an extra special something to the skit! I last saw him perform it in 2012 on the Dream.....and it was hilarious. I am going to miss it.