New fares

balf

Been looking at QE in the Med next year. Can't work out Cunard's strategy.

Agean Adventure 27 June. I would think a popular time for this area.

Both C fare and E Saver are offered. All C fares are available but E Savers are sold out in Q Grill, P Grill and Club balcony. So the popular fare seems to be E Saver.

Look later in the year, November 28, Italian Sojourn, only offered as C Fare. All grades available. This doesn't add up to me, the harder to sell cruise only offered at the top price.

My theory, for what it's worth is that this one will be sold as advertised until six weeks before sale time, then price slashed as with Getaways bringing the usual " we was robbed" from the earlier bookers.

It's going to be interesting to see how this works next year.

David.

Edited by balf

Both C fare and E Saver are offered. All C fares are available but E Savers are sold out in Q Grill, P Grill and Club balcony. So the popular fare seems to be E Saver.

Look later in the year, November 28, Italian Sojourn, only offered as C Fare. All grades available. This doesn't add up to me, the harder to sell cruise only offered at the top price.

My theory, for what it's worth is that this one will be sold as advertised until six weeks before sale time, then price slashed as with Getaways bringing the usual " we was robbed" from the earlier bookers.

David.

Similar thoughts are expressed over on the P&O forum. Is the new fare structure a genuine attempt to put right the 'wrongs' of the Vantage fare fiasco or another cynical marketing scam. We will have to wait until next year to find out. They are offering cruises with 0% single supplement so I guess they are having difficulty filling the ships, if so it might derail the new pricing structure before it has even started!.

All C fares are available but E Savers are sold out in Q Grill, P Grill and Club balcony. So the popular fare seems to be E Saver.

Don't assume that "sold out" means "sold out" in this case. For example, for Getaway fares, all grades were shown on the Cunard website as "sold out" apart from the lowest level for each type (balcony, inside, oceanview etc). So they weren't sold out, it was just that you could not book them.

David.

I think you hit the nail on the head when you talked about the owners doing what is best for the share-holders and be damned with those whose money keep the ships afloat.

I did not understand this new scheme when it came out, and I do not understand it now :(