a few things to do in Tampa for an afternoon

thesawch

I will be Tampa for a 1.5 days. I will be going to a hockey game while there so I need a few ideas on things to do for 1 afternoon on Dec 6th and a full day on saturday Dec 7th with the hockey game on the saturday night.We are staying at the Sheratoon in the airport/westgate area and we have a car rental. We leave TPA sunday AM so any suggestions are great appreciated. Thanks

I will be Tampa for a 1.5 days. I will be going to a hockey game while there so I need a few ideas on things to do for 1 afternoon on Dec 6th and a full day on saturday Dec 7th with the hockey game on the saturday night.We are staying at the Sheratoon in the airport/westgate area and we have a car rental. We leave TPA sunday AM so any suggestions are great appreciated. Thanks

I would do a google search and see if any good festivals are coming up. Now is the time of year when all the good stuff happens.

Otherwise go to Ybor City and eat at Columbia.

The Columbia restaurant in Ybor City is awesome. Great place for lunch or dinner. You can walk around a bit, but it is mostly bars that open at night. It is on the trolley route. Be careful where you park! Parking mobsters are lurking to tow your car :eek::D (personal experience). Park in one of the Columbia lots or pay to park somewhere.

My favorite museum is the Dali museum in St. Pete.

Also -- Florida Aquarium (trolley route), or the Busch Gardens amusement park.

And beaches, of course . . .

Edited by jkskrap