11/29 Zuiderdam Panama Canal Impressions

Crew News

The Hotel Director told us that there were 400 locations that received the new repeaters. Our neighbors on the aft got them. Just to clarify, they did not speed up the internet but merely allowed you to stay in your cabin to work.

Thank you!!

The Hotel Director told us that there were 400 locations that received the new repeaters. Our neighbors on the aft got them. Just to clarify, they did not speed up the internet but merely allowed you to stay in your cabin to work.

There was one in our cabin. I don't know if there was a speed increase but it seemed reasonably fast to me (for a satellite access).

Prior to the new repeaters being installed on the Zuiderdam, we had excellent speed in our cabin towards the aft on deck 4. I was able to do my emails etc in bed at night - door shut.;) We later cruised on the Zuiderdam after the new repeaters were installed - and found no improvement.

Well halfacts.com doesn't have that info (yet?). I hope it (and other great ship info) was shared with them though because I miss going to you-know-where to find it.

Halfacts now has the info from the original source. See the note on the thread.