What's included?

vandercapellen

I have cruised on Carnival before, but next Nov will be my first cruise with MSC on the Divina. I'm having trouble figuring out exactly what's encluded with the cruise price. What restaurants...what beverages...and not exactly sure what the differences are in some of the drink packages.

Can my hubs and I be on one of the booze packages, and son (10 years old) just be on the soda package?

Also..what isn't included...on Carnival nearly everthing is...not the spa or booze and sodas...but nearly every bite of food and activity is.

I have seen that the gilato is extra, but what else is extra? Not counting soda, booze, spa..normal "extras")

Sorry for so many questions...just a new adventure for us.

Thank you!!!

Hey, good question! I going in Jan. and have been wondering the same thing!?!

I have only been on 2X wonderful cruise (RCCL) and just joined Cruise Critic trying to read as much as I can on the MSC Divina, but the reviews are all over the place and I'm getting worried...

I have cruised on Carnival before, but next Nov will be my first cruise with MSC on the Divina. I'm having trouble figuring out exactly what's encluded with the cruise price. What restaurants...what beverages...and not exactly sure what the differences are in some of the drink packages.

Can my hubs and I be on one of the booze packages, and son (10 years old) just be on the soda package?

Also..what isn't included...on Carnival nearly everthing is...not the spa or booze and sodas...but nearly every bite of food and activity is.

I have seen that the gilato is extra, but what else is extra? Not counting soda, booze, spa..normal "extras")

Sorry for so many questions...just a new adventure for us.

Thank you!!!

1) If it is one of the Allegrissimo packages, you would all have to be on the same package. Obviously the child version does not include alcohol. The rule is that everyone hoping to sit at the same table at mealtimes must be on the same package.

2) Both Allegrissimo Classic and Allegrissimo Premium include draught beer, wine by the glass, water and soft drinks, spirits, cocktails, speciality coffees, ice creams, smoothies and freshly squeezed juices all wherever they are served. The Premium package also includes the contents of the minibar, bottled beer, a wider selection of wines by the glass, premium brands of spirits and the cocktails that contain them.

3) The Cheers package includes wine by the glass and draught beer at lunch and dinner only - that includes the buffet. All other packages involve a book of coupons to exchange for drinks and give a 10-15% discount over buying them separately.

4) The Divina is operating differently to the rest of the fleet in an attempt to woo the U.S. market. Water will be provided free of charge at mealtimes. There may even be coffee provided after dinner, I am not sure. For precise information on details like these, ask a question on one the many Divina review threads.

5) The buffet is open 20 hours a day, just closing in the middle of the night while teas, coffee and water are available free 24 hrs from the station at the entrance to the buffet.

6) Ice creams are free at mealtimes as they are always on the menu. Outside mealtimes, they are available either at cost or within a package from the forward bar on the pool deck.

7) The main dining rooms and buffet are included. You will be allocated to a table in one of the two MDRs for dinner. At breakfast and lunch only one MDR may be open and it will be open seating. The Eataly restaurant is extra and there may be an an extra charge la carte service operating in the evening in what is during the day, the very aft section of the buffet.

I hope this helps and that you enjoy your first MSC cruise.

Tim.

Edited by Skipper Tim

Thank you so much....that's a huge help. Unfortunately gonna be a rather dry cruise for me, as we are traveling with a bunch of friends who I fear won't be able to afford one of the drink packages. I'll have to talk to the group....don't want to sit alone at dinner.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Thank you so much....that's a huge help. Unfortunately gonna be a rather dry cruise for me, as we are traveling with a bunch of friends who I fear won't be able to afford one of the drink packages. I'll have to talk to the group....don't want to sit alone at dinner.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Well, I did say that was the rule but it is an Italian cruise line and they are used to not sticking to the rules. If you want Allegrissimo and the others don't go for it and fix the seating plan with the Maitre'D upon embarkation. Think Italian!

Hi...

they have soft serve ice cream on pool deck in afternoon

ice creams also in buffet....and at dinner Gelato is free - a different flavor is offered each night along with other desserts.

You can purchase gelato too scoop/s and "desserts" with fruit etc...price is very reasonable and low

I too could not drink as much as Allergrismo :? package plus I cruise with group so would not work - but....I prepurchse wine - very very affordable...you can do 7 or 10 bottles prepaid (must be bought before the cruise thru your travel agent)....you get vouchers first night, can split them/share with others...choose from 2 red, 2 white and 1 rose....the put your name on bottle and bring it out to you each night - great deal

I also purchase a drink coupon deal very first day - buy 10 coupons and get 2 free - it includes tax and tip and is very handy, MSC is also good about honoring these...brings price of drink down to about 6.80

nice thing - you can split these with others (I split with a friend on 3 night)...on 7 night I bought one for me

only downside - just drinks, frozen drinks, bloody mary, cocktails, martini....the alchemy drinks were included on Poesia BUT not included on Divina (fancy martinis and such)....I still think a package is worth it for a 7 night cruise for 2 to share etc....great bloody mary up on the Pool bar <grin>

Yes....here in the US MSC now brings out the ice water "pronto" <grin>....I asked for lemons and they bring a bowl of lemons....

I think the waiters have had this drilled into them for Divina - no more eye rolls haha

and lucky us - coffee/tea is included at end of dinner

nice part of MSC (now) is they have free orange/cranberry and pineapple juice till about 5 pm...and free ice tea all day too - all up at buffet

Enjoy

Edited by sharecruises